It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I thought they said that the delay was that they also had to decide if Foden had fouled Adrian, which was probably a closer decision.
The commentator took a guess but the other fella was told it was for off side. Who really knows anymore. Foden did get his foot down between Adrian and the ball first so it looked legit, but to your point I have seen much less than that whistled when keepers are involved.

Bad luck? Mendy was a disaster and we all clamoured for his signature. We have been bitten a few times and I can see why we are reluctant to do so again. £50m is stupid money for an unproven player. Maybe it’s time the scouting department solved this problem area.
Where were the scouting team when he signed for Brighton for 15m?

If we cant get Cucurella then I see the club making do and waiting until next summer.

Pep will play Cancello or Ake there.

This is the key here for me, he’s had one decent season in a very average side and won player of the season for them! That’s it, he’s not a proven winner, nor is he proven in anything to be honest.
He’s a gamble worth taking at the right price, as desperate for a PB as we are, we don’t deem £50m as the right price and I agree with the club. He’s over priced and when people compare his price to Grealish etc it’s a daft comparison. JG is English, an international regular playing in his home league, he was at his boyhood club and has high expectations on his shoulders from the media, fans and club. Cucurella plays a totally different position with totally different expectations, as I say he is a risk we were willing to take at the right price.
The owners are not stupid, they do deals daily and they see this as a none starter at the price quoted.
I agree. The Grealish transfer has zero relevance in this matter. For all the reasons you stated and then some.

How about a guy like Biraghi, former Inter player and now Fiorentina captain? I know he's 29 and I have no idea on his price tag but if he's affordable you can get him for say age 29, 30, and 31. He is a tenacious defender and runs the line non stop for 90. Technically sound as are the majority of Italian players and has the pace to play in Prem. Every guy doesn't have to have midfielder skills. Especially if they are a liability defensively against the teams with high end talent up front like Liverpool and Tottenham and the teams we face in the last 8 of the CL.

Where were the scouting team when he signed for Brighton for 15m?

Likely hoping Voldemort would get his act together after 2 knee surgeries and a bad showing against Chelsea till we heard the news that he was a menace who's Elder Wand should be dismantled.

If we cant get Cucurella then I see the club making do and waiting until next summer.

Pep will play Cancello or Ake there.
Then wave bye bye to the CL and most likely the Prem as Zinchenko's absence will be felt regardless of the fact that he isn't the best defender from that position. At least he provided an alternative to Cancello and contributed many times to the cause. And if Walker gets hurt or needs a breather, then what? Does anyone realize we have only 2 senior FBs and neither is a natural left sided player? The idea was to add Cucurella and keep or replace Zinchenko. Ake is not the answer.

That said there's plenty of time to get things straight between now and Sept. 1 with the schedule not being one we shouldn't manage with Walker and Cancelo. I'm not panicking because I have full faith in the club getting this fixed. That's my definition of faith.

Not this idea that we're good right now no matter what and that Pep will work some magic and patch it up with Ake, Cancelo on the left, JWE, maybe Laporte that some are sticking to. That's not faith. That's called being in denial or delusional. If that's where we are come 9/1 then be prepared for a wasted season in terms of winning trophies.
JMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.