It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We had 2 games in a row where we were 5-0 and 5-1 up last season, and Pep didn't put a fit Palmer, who needed one more appearance to qualify for a PL medal, on even for a minute. That tells you there will be no sentiment, no looking to manage youth at the expense of the game in hand and no sympathy.
While the point you made is valid, I hope that this season is one where Palmer will make that breakthrough. We will see.

I really think Citys transfer policy is doing a total disservice to Pep and putting him under unneccessary pressure. When after winning a title have City had a good transfer window?. It was the same when we needed a centre back and a forward it takes too long to get resolved and this issue with the left back is farcial. Pep wont be with City forever and this stubborn transfer policy is only helping our opponents and giving Pep unneccessary problems.

Yeah, you're right. It's not like he missed most of the season injured is it...
Curb your enthusiasm about Palmer, from his YouTube highlights its clear to see that he has the potential to be one of the stars in the future but there are lots of factors that come into play in order for a player to accomplish his potential. We should just enjoy the baby steps he takes on the road to accomplishing his potential, if he gets there then we can look back at his journey with happiness but for now, I personally have no expectations.

I really think Citys transfer policy is doing a total disservice to Pep and putting him under unneccessary pressure. When after winning a title have City had a good transfer window?. It was the same when we needed a centre back and a forward it takes too long to get resolved and this issue with the left back is farcial. Pep wont be with City forever and this stubborn transfer policy is only helping our opponents and giving Pep unneccessary problems.

And you think that City should just pay whatever money that selling club asked for?, If we are going to that policy we will be fold faster than you can say "typical city".

Until the sale of Zinchenko, and the break-down of the deal with Cucurella, nearly everyone was saying that this was a perfect window. It depends on your view of whether it was right to walk away from the Cucu deal as Zinchenko had obviously decided to move on.

We cannot really criticise when we have bought the leading young forward in world football, the South American footballer of the year and the England player of the year, to add to a league winning team.

We can't spend on a fresh starting 11 every new season. The transfer policy has been perfect, maybe we could do with one more player (either a wide player or a fullback) but so far its been good.

While the point you made is valid, I hope that this season is one where Palmer will make that breakthrough. We will see.

Look, so do I, 100%. Please do not mistake my reactions to what I think is over-hyping him as not rating his potential or not wanting the best for him. He is a promising kid no doubt, he will have some contribution no doubt, and will develop. People are treating him like Foden of last season though but he is some way away from that, and Foden got there gradually, Palmer is just at the very start of that.

Yeah, you're right. It's not like he missed most of the season injured is it...

He didn't. He was fit and available for a lot more than he was out. He had an injury that had him out a number of weeks, but the excuse is exaggerated. He didn't feature because Pep wanted to win games and knew who in the squad he wanted to use for that, and this season for the most part, that won't change. Palmer had to and still has to be patient and build and show what he can do in the games he gets.

Look, so do I, 100%. Please do not mistake my reactions to what I think is over-hyping him as not rating his potential or not wanting the best for him. He is a promising kid no doubt, he will have some contribution no doubt, and will develop. People are treating him like Foden of last season though but he is some way away from that, and Foden got there gradually, Palmer is just at the very start of that.
We agree. I thought your point was clear and we both want to see young players given a chance. If our glasses were side by side, they would have the same drink in, but mine may be just a bit fuller than yours, that's all!

We agree. I thought your point was clear and we both want to see young players given a chance. If our glasses were side by side, they would have the same drink in, but mine may be just a bit fuller than yours, that's all!

Well put. Slange.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.