It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'm too old now,(to a degree), to be considered a "flapper",there are other things in life,family etc that take over that mantle these days,and I have kept tight lipped.However..........

This,as many have eluded to in this thread,is one of the strangest summer windows I have ever seen,well,especially since the take over,and it is going to be a strange old season,but one I'm desperate for us to retain the title at least.

But I can't help feeling there seems to be a few fuck ups going on behind the scenes,we can't even agree on who is going to be club captain for fucks sake,Pep says he will let them decide and choose,no Pep,you are the coach and it's you who should decide,he can't decide neither on whether he stays or not,and it's a case of one game at a time scenario gonna be played out,fucking weird times if you ask me.

Again,like many others in this thread,have not lost too much sleep with the departures,albeit a few surprises there as well,but if Bernardo goes,we are playing with fire,UNLESS we have a couple still lined up before window closes,I hope we do !

That Cucarella situation in itself beggars belief,from what we have seen regarding transfers in the last decade,somert does not seem right somewhere.

We win this afternoon,which I think we will,just,then it will calm a lot of heads down I suppose,including me,but as this is gonna be a strange season in regards the stop start,I don't want us to contribute to it as well in being strange.

Let's hope this next few weeks brings in a few more fresh faces,and we can get control of it all again.

Oh and a good win this afternoon please
Mate, even if Bernie goes I think a new full back would be the only player arriving, and I still wouldn't put 50p on that happening. Three weeks left to get that complete squad, come on Txiki and Co get working

He'd provide a bit of what we are lacking the wide positions in providing width on the right. Not the kind of deal we'd go for though I'd imagine.

Can't imagine Chelsea being as charitable to a rival team as we have been this summer either.

Yeah probably true mate. I’d personally love Davies at bayern for LB and he could also play further forward wide for us as well if required? Plenty of pace as well which is something we lack at times.

Palmer is a first team squad player, 100%. There is no doubt about that.

You've obviously not watched Kayky besides Youtube highlights, as he's shown nothing at all to suggest he would play for any PL team, let alone ours. He would have to stay for 2 more years to be club trained as he only joined last summer.

Is he fuck. The fact he didn't even have enough appearences for a Premier League medal says he is a promising kid, and that's all. He may surprise a few, including myself, he may get a few more appearances than last season (with a squald of 19, you'd bloody hope so). But he certainly is not a first team player by even the wildest stretches of imagination.

Don't disagree with Kayky as much, and you are right re CT, however the 3rd year can come a year later without taking a CL squad if he stays this season. Where as if he doesn't, it can't.

He'd provide a bit of what we are lacking the wide positions in providing width on the right. Not the kind of deal we'd go for though I'd imagine.

Can't imagine Chelsea being as charitable to a rival team as we have been this summer either.
Not down to them. If the player is on the final year of his contract and doesn't want to stay then Chelsea have no choice but to sell. Not the worse idea as he is a pacey wide player and we could do with that right now.

We agree in general. Although admittedly, some of those players you mention are just names to me, take your word for it.

Youth players don't just get thrown into a season like that, they gradually build up minutes, in a full team. So I don't expect names that haven't yet featured for us to just come into the team. Kayky had 2 appearances that I remember. Palmer had a few too, 4 in the league. Both of them you can expect to have a few more. Others, need to have those 2 or 4 first.

I've seen quite a few people claim we will use kids when league games are won in 60 minutes. I find that a bit presumptuous myself. Both that many games will be won like that, and that Pep would then use kids there.
Sometimes, I think people assume that a 'won' game will feature wholesale changes for youngsters where I am talking about one or two, but that it is a regular feature of our season. For example, if we begin cup games with nine regular first team players, one attacker and one defender from the academy, I do not see it as such a risk. If those Academy players are then replaced by another two Academy players (on 75m), assuming we are comfortable, then I do not see the risk. Equally, those players need to have earned that chance.

Players and sense don't necessarily go together however Agents should know better but I suppose a percentage of everything they get the player to do helps them fill their pockets and 'best interest' of the player is likely a out money for all parties these days.
Who employs the agents?

To 99% of players it's a job, playing for a club shirt is nothing , they do it for the cash.

Is he fuck. The fact he didn't even have enough appearences for a Premier League medal says he is a promising kid, and that's all. He may surprise a few, including myself, he may get a few more appearances than last season (with a squald of 19, you'd bloody hope so). But he certainly is not a first team player by even the wildest stretches of imagination.

Don't disagree with Kayky as much, and you are right re CT, however the 3rd year can come a year later without taking a CL squad if he stays this season. Where as if he doesn't, it can't.
Yeah, you're right. It's not like he missed most of the season injured is it...

Not down to them. If the player is on the final year of his contract and doesn't want to stay then Chelsea have no choice but to sell. Not the worse idea as he is a pacey wide player and we could do with that right now.
Didn't realise he only had a year left. Assumed he would have longer because the links I've seen with other clubs are for a loan move.

I think it would be a good move for us and make the squad a lot more balanced.

No idea if the club rate him though.

Edit - apparently has 2 years left.

The decision on captain is not such a big thing for Pep, and never has been. He lets the players choose but we also need to recognise that what is said to the media is often not quite what is happening - he is naturally quite guarded with them.

As for squad size, we are light at full-back only. An addition of one or two will mitigate that completely, or a decision to promote Lewis and JWE properly will do the same. Personally, I would be happy with that - we know that Walker and Cancelo are first choice, as they were last season. I am confident that Palmer and Alvarez can fill the gap left by Raz and that Erling fills the gap left by Gabby, as does Phillips for Fern.

Sometimes, I think people assume that a 'won' game will feature wholesale changes for youngsters where I am talking about one or two, but that it is a regular feature of our season. For example, if we begin cup games with nine regular first team players, one attacker and one defender from the academy, I do not see it as such a risk. If those Academy players are then replaced by another two Academy players (on 75m), assuming we are comfortable, then I do not see the risk. Equally, those players need to have earned that chance.

We had 2 games in a row where we were 5-0 and 5-1 up last season, and Pep didn't put a fit Palmer, who needed one more appearance to qualify for a PL medal, on even for a minute. That tells you there will be no sentiment, no looking to manage youth at the expense of the game in hand and no sympathy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.