It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Philadelphia this visit, lovely city.

That's fine, other than we went into last season with 23, including phil and palmer

For me the set structure is a given, so I always speak in those terms.

I think the squad is good enough. I don't think it is big enough, and it will show over the season.

Will be interesting to see.

Even with relatively thin squads Pep has said he doesn't like to have to keep players benched and feels sorry for them when he does. We still won the league and got to the CL and FA Cup semis last season so it's thin margins isn't it.

I think the squad is good enough. I don't think it is big enough, and it will show over the season.
I would never normally say this but I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if we got knocked out of the cups early, or at least one of them anyway.

We don't have the depth to compete on all four fronts in my opinion, not without it negatively impacting us at the business end of tournaments which I think we saw to some extent last season. Even if we had held on against Madrid, we were down to the bare bones and would've had to put out a severely understrength team in the final.

Time will tell if the squad is strong and deep enough. I’m not one for believing that Guardiola is a god who never gets anything wrong and ‘can make any player better.’ He is, however one of the best if not the best coach in the world and deserves our trust. Gomez may or not be the answer to our left back conundrum, again, time will tell. Guardiola will decide when he plays. We have Cancelo who is a very good footballer. He can play on the left or right. Walker is a beast..

Not at all troubled that we missed out on Cucurella, we obviously wanted him but only rated him to a point. Personally, I didn’t see it. Definitely not a ‘crack.’

Bernardo looks set to stay for the season. Good news this and sends a message that we won’t be bullied. Fuck off Barca, you are yesterday’s news. Also Chelsea, fucking all over the place. Then there’s the rags who are a fucking disaster. Absolutely deluded. Can’t attract anyone of quality, even with the over the top contracts they offer,

All told, we seem good to go. A very satisfying window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.