It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

You aren't going to find anyone who has the quality to play for us who is at best going to be 5th choice CB. We have just signed a very talented LB in Gomez. Rico Lewis is young but has already won plenty of attention from Pep.

Those moaning about the small squad and how it will come back to haunt us seem desperate for to be the case so they can be right at the end of the season.
Nobody wants that - don't be so childish.

You aren't going to find anyone who has the quality to play for us who is at best going to be 5th choice CB. We have just signed a very talented LB in Gomez. Rico Lewis is young but has already won plenty of attention from Pep.

Those moaning about the small squad and how it will come back to haunt us seem desperate for to be the case so they can be right at the end of the season.
I don't want it to be true so I can be proved correct at the end of the season, I just fear it may become the case.

We've got Laporté not due back for a least a month & now Aké limped off injured yesterday. Anymore & we're back to square pegs in round holes.

Personally I'd be happy with another top class left back & a top class winger. There'd be more squad rotation needed to give adequate game time, but we'd also have more strength in depth, the value of which is only appreciated when injuries, suspensions & fatigue start to bite.

Ederson / Ortega
Cancelo / Gomez
Ake / Laporte
Dias / Stones
Walker
Rodri / Phillips
Gundogan / Silva
KDB
Mahrez / Palmer
Foden / Grealish
Haaland / Alvarez

Yeah, think I'd want another experienced body in, to cover form/injury. Not gonna happen though, think we roll with this.

Ederson / Ortega
Cancelo / Gomez
Ake / Laporte
Dias / Stones
Walker
Rodri / Phillips
Gundogan / Silva
KDB
Mahrez / Palmer
Foden / Grealish
Haaland / Alvarez

Yeah, think I'd want another experienced body in, to cover form/injury. Not gonna happen though, think we roll with this.

Its strange we didnt want to bring Kabore back for this season? Absolute star last season, played senior football, Africa cup of nations as well young player of the competition?

4 top quality CBs is enough for any squad. Injuries are part of the game. If we lose Dias or Stones then maybe we have to play Mbete, Rodri or Walker and make do with it until they are back. What CB is going to come when they know there are already 4 senior CBs here.
I totally agree 4 CB is enough but sadly 3 of our are sick notes, Ake, Stones and Laporte have missed a lot of games in the last 3-4 seasons.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.