It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

This transfer market has been mental, particularly in the PL. Would not surprise me if the Rags spend another 100M+ on Osimhen.

My (non-ITK) record:

Wrote it made sense for us to sell Zinch when the consensus was that he was staying. Check.

Wrote a modicum of brain power was enough to realise Neymar was unlikely. Check.

Wrote Cucu was unlikely (30 % chance to sign him) when the forum was convinced we were signing him. Check.

Wrote we'll 100% sign a LB. Check.

Wrote we'll sign only one FB after Zinch's departure. Check.

Wrote Bernie will stay, for we will want more money for him than Barca/PSG can afford to pay. Check.

100%.

Speculated about us wanting Gvardiol, think we were interested, but Leipzig didn't want to sell (at a reasonable price). Might have been wrong about that. Wouldn't be surprised though if we went for Gvardiol next summer.

True. Zinch was the one on there that, to me, was not obvious.

Signing this lad from Dortmund leaves us with 8 defenders for 4 positions, and lets Cancelo feature at RB more if Ake takes in more LB duties, so I'm happy with a late addition of a defender.

After looking like they might not, as Txiki said in the documentary the reasons to sign in January are something has gone wrong, a big injury or an opportunity too good to miss pops up. Thats true, planning now to buy in January though is bad planning.
With so many quality players running down their contracts these days it creates bargain buys since teams become desperate to get some kind of return versus the player walking out the door for nothing. As more and more players choose to wind down their contracts the January window will evolve accordingly thus changing what we've become accustomed to. JMO.

True. Zinch was the one on there that, to me, was not obvious.

Signing this lad from Dortmund leaves us with 8 defenders for 4 positions, and lets Cancelo feature at RB more if Ake takes in more LB duties, so I'm happy with a late addition of a defender.

I'm happy as well. All our defenders bar Cancelo have had injury problems recently. If Laporte is a month away from returning, it's better to have another experienced defender. Laporte might need weeks/months before hitting top form... Plus Akanji can play at FB...He'll give us tactical flexibility, 3-5-2, 3-3-3-1, etc. Definitely makes a lot of sense.

It's the Deutschland defender domino effect!

"Versatile with pace" being the type. I noticed there were shit loads in the Bundesliga when I first checked out Gvardiol and alternatives, earlier this summer.

Gvardiol (a 9/10 example) and Akanji (8/10), both gone on the same day. Now apparently Leverkusen are offering Bakker (7/10) to Inter as part of a deal for Gosens. Gosens! This whole thing has gone very differently to how I imagined it. No Gosens or Lodi for us - or any other super elite club for that matter. It's the versatile players taking the spots.

Dominos still out there... well, you've got Barca & Alonso. I don't know about any more than that. But then I never saw Gosens coming into play, not having moved in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go into the season with 5 CB? Our CB situation is perfect as it is. Injuries are the reason why we have 4 and not 3. Ake/Laporte will be back soon as well. Can't be buying players for an injury for a couple of weeks.
Also I thought that Grealish is fit for the weekend?
It would seem that Pep and Tixi thought otherwise. Akanji.

Spending £60m on rotational players (KP,Akanji) because we don`t trust the Academy (Lavia,Mbete) is disappointing.
Why is it? I can't envision Mbete ever being good enough to become a regular first teamer, but he will build a solid career elsewhere. Lavia, obviously needed 1st team football, again which currently he wasn't going to get as he wasn't good enough, so it was a fair move for the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.