It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Why is it? I can't envision Mbete ever being good enough to become a regular first teamer, but he will build a solid career elsewhere. Lavia, obviously needed 1st team football, again which currently he wasn't going to get as he wasn't good enough, so it was a fair move for the lad.
i wrote about rotational players...at the moment neither will be Akanji ("regular first teamer")..at least Lavia is available & Rodri can´t play every game...Academy players strengthen team/club identity in the group & between club/fans...

Spending £60m on rotational players (KP,Akanji) because we don`t trust the Academy (Lavia,Mbete) is disappointing.
No its not. Its sensible. We challenge across 4 competitions and it's a world cup year. We can't rely on our youth players to play at our level with such a congested schedule when they have very few first team minutes under their belt.

Ake is back training already. If I had to bet this is a change in system to 3 at the back. Otherwise I can see one of Stones/Akanji getting about 4-5 games a season.

Ake has already played 3 games this season. Stones 2. They'll all get more than 4-5. One of Ake Laporte might play more at LB with Cancelo being used more at RB where we are light. And possible that a 3 at the back could be used too. It is a move that maybe helps the whole back 4 rather than purely CBs.

Ake has already played 3 games this season. Stones 2. They'll all get more than 4-5. One of Ake Laporte might play more at LB with Cancelo being used more at RB where we are light. And possible that a 3 at the back could be used too. It is a move that maybe helps the whole back 4 rather than purely CBs.
Yeah thats definitely true. In a way we have compensated our lack of a backup RB ( considering Cancelo as a LB) with have the Stones option there.

i wrote about rotational players...at the moment neither will be Akanji ("regular first teamer")..at least Lavia is available & Rodri can´t play every game...Academy players strengthen team/club identity in the group & between club/fans...
The only think this club wants is strengthen the trophy cabinet, Mbete/Lavia are not good enough at this point, hence why they left the club and learn their trade, if they prove themselves we have the option to bring them back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.