It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think the loan moves rules changed on the 1st July, any club can only loan out 8 players at a time (FIFA regulation, not sure it applies straight away but can see the club trying to align as soon as possible so as to not fall foul of the regs) so selling with buy-backs seems to be the way forward. I can see us "selling" the players that we expect to buy back in the future with the loans for players we are not sure about and need to have a better look at. Just my hunch.

I think the loan moves rules changed on the 1st July, any club can only loan out 8 players at a time (FIFA regulation, not sure it applies straight away but can see the club trying to align as soon as possible so as to not fall foul of the regs) so selling with buy-backs seems to be the way forward. I can see us "selling" the players that we expect to buy back in the future with the loans for players we are not sure about and need to have a better look at. Just my hunch.
The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21.

We're good. That will most likely effect the CFG more than the EDS.

Chelsea signing Fofana on a 7 year deal suggests the claims that 5 years is the max possible in the PL are not quite true.

With the way things are going with Bazunu and Lavia, I'm happy for Southampton to take as many of them as they want. With buy backs, obviously.

How many times have we heard Pep, Txiki and Ferran lament over the years how ineffective the youth/EDS system in England is in preparing players for first team football, as all they play is other talented kids.

They often draw comparison to the Spanish system, in which youth teams compete in the leagues below La Liga against proper first teams - giving them a genuine footballing education in preparation for playing in the first team.

It seems with Southampton we’ve found a way around this problem - and long may it continue.

I’m very happy for us to sell all our most promising kids to them (with a buy back), allowing them to play PL football week in week out, and bringing the very best back to City in the future - rewarding Southampton for training them up in the process.

It’s a win-win situation!

We’ve heard Pep, Txiki and Ferran comment over the years on how ineffective the youth/EDS system in England is in preparing players for first team football, as all they play is other talented kids.

They often draw comparison to the Spanish system, in which youth teams compete in the leagues below La Liga against proper first teams - giving them a proper education in preparation for first team football.

It seems with Southampton we’ve found a way around this problem - and long may it continue.

I’m very happy for us to sell all our most promising kids to them with a buy back, allowing them to play PL football week in week out, and bringing the very best back to City in the future - rewarding Southampton for training them up in the process.

It’s a win-win situation!
PL2 is now an U21 tournament too, meaning the standard will be even lower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.