It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I feel a big overhaul is coming this summer especially if we don't win the league. We're seeing already that clubs are willing to outspend us now, so we cannot sit still in the market and worry about balancing the books.

I think we'll spend 250m this summer, recouping shit loads obviously . Could be a really exciting one

Thanks to Chelsea I don’t think £250m would be enough mate due to transfer fees thanks to the chavs!

We need

2 midfielders if Gundo and Bernardo leave, a creative midfielder would be ideal to help Kev
1 Left back
Maybe a rw due to Mahrez age
Not sure we do, if we got Bellingham that would cover those two along with the young Argentinian we signed

A top quality left back would be amazing but the list is very short and probably unlikely as we now have Cancelo, Ake and Gomez. The only way we get a new left back is if we trade Cancelo for Hernandez similar to when we traded With Juventus.

I can’t see us getting a new RW, Mahrez ain’t leaving and Palmer has been promoted.

If we signed Bellingham, Theo Hernandez and moved on Gundogan, Bernardo and Cancelo (if they all want to leave) that would be seen as a great window imho

Ideally but completely unrealistically we moved out Gomez and Philips also as both appear not to be at the required level

Last edited:
Big overhaul for me be:

In

Bellingham
Gvardiol
Fran Garcia
Hakimi
Diaby

Out

Steffen
Laporte
Walker
Cancelo
Gundogan
Delap (with buy back)
Mcatee (with buy back)
Borges (with buy back)
JWE (with buy back)
We must have 20-30 players on loan we can shift for £60-100m as well?!
Not sure Id get rid of Walker just yet...he still has lots to offer and Rico Lewis still has lots to learn (especially defending wise positionally) as was seen by the Arsenal game.

Bernardo Silva will go - he has wanted out for at least two summers and unless he has a huge change of heart he is gone....gutted as he is pretty much the player I believe we need.....

Gundo will go as you say - probably on a free to Barca

Tin hat on but I think we need to deal with the KDB down turn in levels asap - he is dropping off a cliff very quickly and unless Pep can work out how to play him and it not keep on being a huge issue with the lack of control in midfield then he is going to be a continuing issue...the guy has magic in his boots but he cant run anymore and keeps losing possession

Those 3 are massive and while everyone has a huge hard on for Bellingham Im not totally convinced....yes a Gundo replacement - but not at Gundo levels when he was on top form....no where near a KDB at full tilt either nor Bernardo Silva....and Im not sure he will ever be....Same as Grealish who has improved overall but again is not ever going to reach the heights of those 3 or players like David Silva, Ferna etc - so unless we are going to have to accept a permanent downturn in our levels then we need more than Bellingham and Grealish.

Of course we have just bought this Perrone kid and he will be assessed in the latter half of this season once he arrives in Feb...from the little Ive seen he has promise but thats about it - he is very inexperienced at this level and will need a lot of time.

Then there is Foden - my personal opinion is that he has the level of talent to reach whatever level he wants to..to be one of the best BUT he has to have the environment and manager around him....we have seen the difference in his city performances under Pep and his performances under Southgate.....chalk and cheese

None of the players you have mentioned come even close imho to the ones we are going to let go (maybe accept Gvardiol)

I fear we will put all our eggs into one Bellingham basket and I think thats a big mistake

Not sure Id get rid of Walker just yet...he still has lots to offer and Rico Lewis still has lots to learn (especially defending wise positionally) as was seen by the Arsenal game.

Bernardo Silva will go - he has wanted out for at least two summers and unless he has a huge change of heart he is gone....gutted as he is pretty much the player I believe we need.....

Gundo will go as you say - probably on a free to Barca

Tin hat on but I think we need to deal with the KDB down turn in levels asap - he is dropping off a cliff very quickly and unless Pep can work out how to play him and it not keep on being a huge issue with the lack of control in midfield then he is going to be a continuing issue...the guy has magic in his boots but he cant run anymore and keeps losing possession

Those 3 are massive and while everyone has a huge hard on for Bellingham Im not totally convinced....yes a Gundo replacement - but not at Gundo levels when he was on top form....no where near a KDB at full tilt either nor Bernardo Silva....and Im not sure he will ever be....Same as Grealish who has improved overall but again is not ever going to reach the heights of those 3 or players like David Silva, Ferna etc - so unless we are going to have to accept a permanent downturn in our levels then we need more than Bellingham and Grealish.

Of course we have just bought this Perrone kid and he will be assessed in the latter half of this season once he arrives in Feb...from the little Ive seen he has promise but thats about it - he is very inexperienced at this level and will need a lot of time.

Then there is Foden - my personal opinion is that he has the level of talent to reach whatever level he wants to..to be one of the best BUT he has to have the environment and manager around him....we have seen the difference in his city performances under Pep and his performances under Southgate.....chalk and cheese

None of the players you have mentioned come even close imho to the ones we are going to let go (maybe accept Gvardiol)

I fear we will put all our eggs into one Bellingham basket and I think thats a big mistake

It will be interesting to see how the club deals with Peps obvious fallout for huge investment in the team? Last time he called them out after his first season they went on a splurge and we broke records!

Not sure we do, if we got Bellingham that would cover those two along with the young Argentinian we signed

A top quality left back would be amazing but the list is very short and probably unlikely as we now have Cancelo, Ake and Gomez. The only way we get a new left back is if we trade Cancelo for Hernandez similar to when we traded With Juventus.

I can’t see us getting a new RW, Mahrez ain’t leaving and Palmer has been promoted.

If we signed Bellingham, Theo Hernandez and moved on Gundogan, Bernardo and Cancelo that would be seen as a great window imho

Ideally but completely unrealistically we moved out Gomez and Philips also as both appear not to be at the required level
Again..Bellingham doesnt come close to those two at their best.....yes neither are this season but Bellingham as good as he is, is not as good as those 2 and you are not giving enough credit to those two players and what they have produced over the last 6-7 seasons if you think they can be replaced by one who has never ever played in the prem and is being built up to be something that he is not (yet - he could be but he aint at present)...Perrone again - he will be assessed - he could be a good buy..he could end up on loan at Schlake - thats how little fans know of him at present.

Agree on Gomez and Phillips as well (though Phillips could probably be afforded some time to see if he can)

It will be interesting to see how the club deals with Peps obvious fallout for huge investment in the team? Last time he called them out after his first season they went on a splurge and we broke records!
Has Pep actually said anything about needing new investment?

Has Pep actually said anything about needing new investment?

I assumed his dig about the lack of hunger from players to the management was about a lack of drive from everyone about wanting to stay ahead of the opposition mate? He called out the whole organization for being complacent and not having enough hunger to push on? That can be said at the players hunger and professionalism but also the club not investing enough in certain players/areas ie maybe left back and he has also said in the past about squads need refreshing every 2 years to keep things hungry

I assumed his dig about the lack of hunger from players to the management was about a lack of drive from everyone about wanting to stay ahead of the opposition mate? He called out the whole organization for being complacent and not having enough hunger to push on? That can be said at the players hunger and professionalism but also the club not investing enough in certain players/areas ie maybe left back and he has also said in the past about squads need refreshing every 2 years to keep things hungry

Don’t think that is how Pep and the club operate mate…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.