It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Don’t think that is how Pep and the club operate mate…

I’m not so sure this time mate as Pep can see the rags improving wether we like it or not, Chelsea are going to have an unbelievable group of players when their injuries clear up and their new signings arrive in the summer, Arsenal are currently top of the league and are continuing to spend big and of course we can’t forget Newcastle? All them are buying hungry young stars now and I think that’s what peps rant was about to use the financial power we have on the field as well as off?

I find it interesting that there hasn't seemed to be any push or impetus from the organisation following Pep's public talk of complacency. With the general malaise in the squad, lack of form (performance at least) and competition making moves, it's surprising that we aren't seeing any links or movement.

I find it interesting that there hasn't seemed to be any push or impetus from the organisation following Pep's public talk of complacency. With the general malaise in the squad, lack of form (performance at least) and competition making moves, it's surprising that we aren't seeing any links or movement.

I’m desperately hoping that we manage an Akanji type deal late on mate and if Cancelo is indeed being a dick him out so the squad doesn’t become too unsettled

Links to who though? The positions we need filling are rare in quality and high in price. Those are summer moves

Links to who though? The positions we need filling are rare in quality and high in price. Those are summer moves

A left back, a wide forward and to be honest, we don't really have many links to Bellingham - other than being named as potential suitors along with the others. We'd probably need two CM anyway as Bernardo should go and I doubt Gundogan wants a single year contract. It's not on me to provide the names of candidates, but it's clear that the squad needs a refresh due to age/application/attitude. The prices will be high regardless.

By persisting as is, the idea is that Pep can find the magic again to make up for the diminishing returns from some of the, small, squad. I hope he can, but it seems to be a risk to success this season.

A left back, a wide forward and to be honest, we don't really have many links to Bellingham - other than being named as potential suitors along with the others. We'd probably need two CM anyway as Bernardo should go and I doubt Gundogan wants a single year contract. It's not on me to provide the names of candidates, but it's clear that the squad needs a refresh due to age/application/attitude. The prices will be high regardless.

By persisting as is, the idea is that Pep can find the magic again to make up for the diminishing returns from some of the, small, squad. I hope he can, but it seems to be a risk to success this season.

Like you say the left back situation is bonkers to not try and sort now? Is there a chance the club had to generate a certain amount of cash this window due to FFP? It seems like we are desperate to win the net spend trophy and not a real one?

Like you say the left back situation is bonkers to not try and sort now? Is there a chance the club had to generate a certain amount of cash this window due to FFP? It seems like we are desperate to win the net spend trophy and not a real one?

It does seem quite curious that after not getting Cucurella, they decided to wing it with Gomez. It was clear going in to the season that we lacked an explosive forward-wing option and legs/creativity in midfield - particularly for such an odd season.

He would never have extended if it was the case.

The rags have a top coach and will be a serious threat next season, same with Newcastle, Arsenal, Chelsea and the Dippers.

Maybe what was agreed currently hasn’t been honoured hence his annoyance? Only my thinking mate to be honest but him having a go at the owner, chairman, CEO and football director as well as the players for lacking hunger and being complacent was very telling imo

It does seem quite curious that after not getting Cucurella, they decided to wing it with Gomez. It was clear going in to the season that we lacked an explosive forward-wing option and legs/creativity in midfield - particularly for such an odd season.

Yep! I can’t believe we were Cucurella or nothing in a sense?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.