It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

People are taking a report as gospel as if they haven’t learned anything from the Haaland saga
This. Big deals like this doesnt go from rumors to "basically done" in one day, especially not when United is involved. Could of course end up at United in the end, but this seems more like they are trying to create interest from other clubs. Would be a good signing for the rags if they can pull it off.

4 substitute appearences Palmer, replacing our highest league scorer during Pep's time here. c'mon mate!

I'm so ok with Sterling moving on, I'd go as far as thinking it is for the best, but being replaced by a kid who is really just a name from the academy to throw about.
We won't sell Sterling and Jesus, then go big on another winger imo. The combination of Grealish, Foden, Mahrez and then addition of Haaland and Alvarez is the replacement for Sterling.

For all we know we are about to see City version 3 under Pep with Haaland as a focal and no wingers like Sterling. Be interesting to see for sure.

This. Big deals like this doesnt go from rumors to "basically done" in one day, especially not when United is involved. Could of course end up at United in the end, but this seems more like they are trying to create interest from other clubs. Would be a good signing for the rags if they can pull it off.
I'd argue that it does happen with the rags more than anyone because they are fckin clueless.

Yesterday we dropped Haaland news and the rags no doubt had a board meeting and called Barca who demanded the world and the rags are thick enough to pay it. They aren't known for the negotiation skills and will be desperate to get back in the media headlines.

People are taking a report as gospel as if they haven’t learned anything from the Haaland saga
He is a reliable reporter on Barca though, not saying it's done till it's done but looks like they either want to start a bidding war, or they want money before the financial close so they can improve their financial situation. It's obvious Frenkie isn't going there by will. Fwiw it will be a fantastic signing for them, because I was hoping they'll go for Rice with 100m +

We won't sell Sterling and Jesus, then go big on another winger imo. The combination of Grealish, Foden, Mahrez and then addition of Haaland and Alvarez is the replacement for Sterling.

For all we know we are about to see City version 3 under Pep with Haaland as a focal and no wingers like Sterling. Be interesting to see for sure.

That is completely different to selling them to give Palmer his chance. Like when we were going to make Delap out no.1 striker.

I'd argue that it does happen with the rags more than anyone because they are fckin clueless.

Yesterday we dropped Haaland news and the rags no doubt had a board meeting and called Barca who demanded the world and the rags are thick enough to pay it. They aren't known for the negotiation skills and will be desperate to get back in the media headlines.
I would say that if the rags had done that, they would probably have informed every rag "journalist" out there about it to create interest, we would not be hearing it from Barca first. At least thats how they usually operate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.