It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

'Entitlement' seems to the new buzzword for some 'the club can do no wrong' types.

And comparing us to the club we were in the 20th century is just plain daft.

As an elite club,one of the very best in the world,its not unreasonable to expect our club to have its shit together where squad deficiencies and transfers are concerned.

Our left back situation should not have deteriorated to the level it currently is,and we should be looking to bring in the best replacement midfielders available when ours succumb to advancing years,that has fuck all to do with entitlement,its who we now are.
How the fuck is asking for a competent, professional LB to add some depth and cover being entitled? That's this City, an elite, big money, successful team loaded with world class players and one of, if not, the top manager in the game. City is not the little engine that could or some romantic underdog. They are a soccer juggernaut in modern times consistently looking to expand their global brand. That's not my opinion, it's the club's stated mission under this ownership. That's the reality of who we have become. Those of you who don't realize that are living in some other time. They don't piss away seasons under any circumstances. We're 5 points back with 2 head to head games remaining, game in hand to Arsenal, in the CL knockouts, and in the FA Cup last 16 with a trip to Bristol City on deck and people are on here talking about "the Summer". Seriously? I'm not entitled, but I'm not delusional enough to think this City are a club that would be happy giving it the old college try. Supporters have every right to want the club to do whatever it can to succeed in the now without being called out as being entitled. The hunger to be the best, fans included, is part of what makes elite clubs elite. And by elite that includes winning a shit ton...and then winning a shit ton more...the current season included.

I get it, you don't like him.

Pep does, and he's not doing a bad job of this managing lark.

There are very few people like Kev, so we need to temper our expectations on a like-for-like.
its not about like for like in terms of style, its about like for like in terms of level...

We seem to be aiming low with recent and future purchases and for some reason seem to focus on overrated English talent
Maddison is decent but will never have the ceiling of any of our current players.....same as Grealish wont
Rice is a level or two below them
Im still undecided on Bellingham - not sure if thats cause the hype is so riduculous around him that I dont belive he could possibly be that good but still could be very good or Im missing something with him.....

This level of player is not fit to lace the boots of the like of David Silva, KDB Ferna etc when in their prime...and never will be

Like someone else said its a big step down from these to whatwe have had in terms of level.

Other clubs are finding players like Brighton have yet we seem to have switched tact a little and are going for the media driven hypes of Grealish and Bellingham (maybe the hype about him will be real I just cant decide on him)....

Many thought Grealish was going to be the game changer for us, then Phillips was going to be a masterstroke of a signing. Is Maddison now going to be the catalyst for the champions league...

Mediocre English players are just that.

Not pleased with our recruitment recently. Haaland and Alverez aside, the rest of the players are far too slow and not at the level we need.
Spot on

Grealish has been great recently and will only improve. He’s even said himself he’s gone from having a free role to Pep giving him strict instructions and he’s struggled with it. I respect his honesty, not many players would admit that. I don't see how he can be dropped at present yet some still insist on giving him a hard time. The guy can’t win.
He hasnt been great recently..he has been better than the absolute mediocrity (and sometimes absolutely anonymous) he has served up since he first arrived..he has improved no doubt but. long long way to go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.