It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Ask yourself why would we do that, why would the same recruitment team and coaches that built those great teams suddenly not be able to recognise talent. If you can’t think of a reason, maybe just maybe you aren’t seeing what they can see. Either that or they have all had a bang on the head and don’t understand football anymore.
I get we have quotas to fill of English players and that that may increase over the next years (the requirement/numbers of players)....but Madison, grealish are hardly players for the future.....Madison is 26, Grealish is 27 (i think).
Ive seen enough of Grealish to know he isnt as good as people make him out to be and I know he will never reach the level of David Silva for instance...nor Gundogan and nor KDB...fuck he wont even reach Foden level.....Maddison (who i think is a better player than Grealish) wont either...

I also know for a fact that all these recruitment teams make mistakes from time to time.....and for every Alvarez there is a Rodwell, Bony or Scott Sinclair, Nolito, Fernando, Mangala or Jo!

Yes and we have some very good English players now. England just doesn’t have the coach. Do you think Pep and Txiki, suddenly can’t see and recognise talented players that have the abilities they are looking for anymore ?
I think they do make mistakes from time to time...are you saying they dont get anything wrong? Cause you would be wrong

He definitely has way better end product than Jack but I'd be wary of thinking the numbers he gets for Leicester are automatically transferrable to us.

He is heavily relied upon for Leicester in that regard and he wouldn't be coming straight into that kind of role. It's something Mahrez and more recently Grealish struggled with when they joined us. Our pond has some pretty big fish.
Thats fair but if he arrives in summer we will have KDB maybe Bellingham and Foden and possibly still Gundogan , so he’ll have that time to adapt if needed.

Maddison got 12 goals 8 assists last season from midfield. Jack's article said Pep wants to add goals and lesson the load on Haaland.

Maddison fits that player Pep wants, 12 goals last season, 7 goals this season he's a goal threat and finisher.

He's doing that in a below average Leicester team that haven't been good for a while
Lets swap him with GREALISH, I do agree, his definitely a goal threat, then we can pair him with Jude in the MID, then we get fast Technical wingers. If I were to choose I would have had City sign Maddison over Grealish, even though I would have not gone for either.

Yes and we have some very good English players now. England just doesn’t have the coach. Do you think Pep and Txiki, suddenly can’t see and recognise talented players that have the abilities they are looking for anymore ?

Well, they went for Grealish and even now two seasons in he's looking ordinary to decent enough. Certainly not a world class player. We also got Gomez and Phillips.

They do go for below standard players at times.

Yes we've done fantastic over the last 5 years however you are allowed to criticise the club over some of their transfers and targets.

I think they do make mistakes from time to time...are you saying they dont get anything wrong? Cause you would be wrong
They haven’t got much wrong especially when it comes to midfielders, but yes they could get the odd one wrong. That isn’t what you are suggesting though, you seem to think they are getting almost every midfield target wrong, that would be highly unlikely IMO.

Well, they went for Grealish and even now two seasons in he's looking ordinary to decent enough. Certainly not a world class player. We also got Gomez and Phillips.

They do go for below standard players at times.

Yes we've done fantastic over the last 5 years however you are allowed to criticise the club over transfers.
You can if you want, except most players that get criticized in here go on to prove people wrong. Including Grealish starting to. Why you keep going on about Gomez I don’t know, everyone knows he only stayed because we didn’t get Cucerella and will probably move in the summer.

Good midfielders are everywhere. We need great midfielders to carry on what has defined this club for the last decade.

Not every one of them has to be world class but we've had around three top tier midfielders in our squad for the vast majority of that time. By the time next season starts, we'll have two and one of them will be 32.

Other clubs around us in the league are improving. Our recruitment over the next 18 months is going to be absolutely fucking crucial if we're serious about maintaining what we have built.

You can if you want, except most players that get criticized in here go on to prove people wrong. Including Grealish starting to. Why you keep going on about Gomez I don’t know, everyone knows he only stayed because we didn’t get Cucerella and will probably move in the summer.

I'd also question why Cucerella was a target in the first place?

Gomez is also here because we didn't have a plan b to Cucerella, which is another question mark over our transfer strategy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.