It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Our squad has become weaker over the last two windows IMO despite signing a world class striker
Agree on walker
Phillips need to step up big time.
Grealish...again needs to step up another level..even as he us performing better he still ain't close to tip level...I woujdnt normally question pep ever but on this I do....nothing more than an average player at present and I don't think his ceiling is that much higher.
Gundo is running out of legs as is kdb
If we sign Maddison, we will get weaker. In a season or two we will look like a proper mid-table team if we keep signing average players like this. Haaland by that time will want out. [Do not get me wrong, Maddison is mint for a mid-table team not City level].

We clearly have fallen. From having Merlin, Bernado, Gundo, Fernandinho to Having Philips and Maddison as our engine!

City's recruitment is suspect now of late apart from Alvarez and Haaland.

City should go FIFA mode on this league. Chelsea are running rampant. Why should we not.
Lets go for Khavicha as a KDB[KDB is looking like his at the twilight of his symphony] replacement and understudy, he can play as CM and LW interchangeably.
Jude as our Bernado replacement
Davies or Theo as our first choice LB not Gomez, Antonee or Grimaldo or Sosa
Leao or Diaby as LW[Fast and technically gifted wingers]

Last edited:
its not about like for like in terms of style, its about like for like in terms of level...

We seem to be aiming low with recent and future purchases and for some reason seem to focus on overrated English talent
Maddison is decent but will never have the ceiling of any of our current players.....same as Grealish wont
Rice is a level or two below them
Im still undecided on Bellingham - not sure if thats cause the hype is so riduculous around him that I dont belive he could possibly be that good but still could be very good or Im missing something with him.....

This level of player is not fit to lace the boots of the like of David Silva, KDB Ferna etc when in their prime...and never will be

Like someone else said its a big step down from these to whatwe have had in terms of level.

Other clubs are finding players like Brighton have yet we seem to have switched tact a little and are going for the media driven hypes of Grealish and Bellingham (maybe the hype about him will be real I just cant decide on him)....
Ask yourself why would we do that, why would the same recruitment team and coaches that built those great teams suddenly not be able to recognise talent. If you can’t think of a reason, maybe just maybe you aren’t seeing what they can see. Either that or they have all had a bang on the head and don’t understand football anymore.

Reactions: nmc
Maddison got 12 goals 8 assists last season from midfield. Jack's article said Pep wants to add goals and lesson the load on Haaland.

Maddison fits that player Pep wants, 12 goals last season, 7 goals this season he's a goal threat and finisher.

He's doing that in a below average Leicester team that haven't been good for a while

Quote me if you’re going to pick my comments lol. I never said we were the same club, I hinted the ownership was different in that we didn’t buy players and won fuck all. We are now one of the best in the world yet some just want more… it’s a game where 22 blokes kick a ball full of air around, it’s not a life or death situation. It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.
Ok we may not win a trophy one season, so what? We go again the next season. The “best replacement” isn’t always the best player and thats where many get entitled and throw toys out the pram, “I want X” or “we have to buy Y” that’s not how a successful business is run and the guy who owns us isn’t all that bad at business as an FYI. He’s not daft and has the right people in charge who HE trusts, he doesn’t care what you or me think as we are not on his level of understanding the business.
After all the years of shit we have had as a club, only City fans could moan about us now. It’s laughable, it genuinely is laughable but not surprising.
That's simply too black and white. There are many shades of gray. Wanting the club to replace an elite player who has fallen way out of form and in turn become a huge distraction to the manager to the extent that he was basically banished overnight doesn't come close to my definition of moaning or being entitled. In fact, I would bet any fan base in the world would expect the same especially with a team that has all to play for like ours. Every time someone raises a concern or has the temerity to "ask" the club to do something many on here feel the need to tell them they aren't Pep which is insulting, condescending, and far too over simplistic. So now its "You're not as successful in business as an Arab sheikh". What does that even mean in the context of supporters wishes for the team? What is your opinion? Could we use someone to replace Cancelo? Or do you abide by whatever the club decides is best period? Just asking...

If we sign Maddison, we will get weaker. In a season or two we will look like a proper mid-table team if we keep signing average players like this. Haaland by that time will want out. [Do not get me wrong, Maddison is mint for a mid-table team not City level].

City should go FIFA mode on this league. Chelsea are running rampant. Why should we not.
Lets go for Khavicha as a KDB replacement and understudy, he can play as CM and LW interchangeably.
Jude as our Bernado replacement
Davies or Theo as our LB not Gomez, Antonee or Grimaldo or Sosa
Leao or Diaby as LW[Fast and technically gifted wingers]
Good midfielders are hard to find these days

Maddison got 12 goals 8 assists last season from midfield. Jack's article said Pep wants to add goals and lesson the load on Haaland.

Maddison fits that player Pep wants, 12 goals last season, 7 goals this season he's a goal threat and finisher.

He definitely has way better end product than Jack but I'd be wary of thinking the numbers he gets for Leicester are automatically transferrable to us.

He is heavily relied upon for Leicester in that regard and he wouldn't be coming straight into that kind of role. It's something Mahrez and more recently Grealish struggled with when they joined us. Our pond has some pretty big fish.

but with the generatio that Pep had there which is what was being talked about
Yes and we have some very good English players now. England just doesn’t have the coach. Do you think Pep and Txiki, suddenly can’t see and recognise talented players that have the abilities they are looking for anymore ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.