It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

There is one other already world class player who is ready to step up to the next level. the name is nicolo barella. my choice to pair with Rodri in the midfield and then also we can buy bellingham and allow him a couple of years to grow into his potential.

World class? does he know he's got a left foot? If his name was Nick Bar from Slough he'd just be another player

Hm. Great technical skill but what that video shrieks at me is that this is a player with no judgment who takes massive, unnecessary risks in dangerous areas.
Sounds just like a certain João Cancelo.

I think it’s good we didn’t rush into anything. There’s a reason we are continuously successful can’t just do a Chelsea. We will work out the best system for the players we have for this season, if that works maybe use that system next year. Lots of planning before jumping in on signings

We've had since summer to plan on the missing out of Cucurella. It's a position we clearly need reinforcements for as the season has been progressing. Then we happily let our only established "LB" go on loan because of a fallout. No planning and no reaction.
Got midfielders that don't want to be here either. Bernie for a few years now. No reaction

Look a costume of the team we were a few years ago. The squad being stagnant a big factor in that.
We are losing via selling or age massive qualities of our squads of old. Pace? Entirely gone. Energy in mid? Defensive pace? Leadership? Creativity? ... all going going...

We've had since summer to plan on the missing out of Cucurella. It's a position we clearly need reinforcements for as the season has been progressing. Then we happily let our only established "LB" go on loan because of a fallout. No planning and no reaction.
Got midfielders that don't want to be here either. Bernie for a few years now. No reaction

Look a costume of the team we were a few years ago. The squad being stagnant a big factor in that.
We are losing via selling or age massive qualities of our squads of old. Pace? Entirely gone. Energy in mid? Defensive pace? Leadership? Creativity? ... all going going...
Fair comments but we were obviously happy with Cancelo at left back going into the season, I don't think that's a absurd strategy. Ok he's gone because of what's happened, we react and hopefully address the issues this summer.

I think as a club we struggle to get deals done, time after time clubs want more money due to who they are negating with, this only changes if you change your transfer philosophy. Look at Chelsea the club is a joke, they still need to sign a striker and after the Enzo deal. can only imagine clubs rubbing their hands together when negating with them.

I think its clear to us as fans something needs to change, which I like to think means its clear to the people that run City. Haaland was clearly the deal we wanted to do, and sounds like it was a lot more expensive that just 50m release clause, I think based of reports, Tolmie and common sense we are ready for a big window. Hopefully unlike last year we don't just see us sign say Bellingham, few role players and not fully strengthen across the board. Pep keeps hinting at the fact we need change, we have become visually stale in play and everyone is spending money. Personally I can't see us not addressing the issues this summer.

Soon be playing the likes of Blackburn,Birmingham and QPR again then...................I miss those days........

Soon be playing the likes of Blackburn,Birmingham and QPR again then...................I miss those days........

mlL32a.gif

Your right mate
Why would anyone wanting to win the champions league buy the champions league winner Ben chilwell????
Only because of a Brain fart by pg picking the wrong team ,it was are easiest chance of winning the trophy.

When we inevitably get a couple of injuries at the time of the fa cup and CL quarters/semis with no squad depth we write off another year.

If we’re to return to 17/18/19 dominance and see off a resurgent united, arsenal and chelsea I think we need to go big in summer:

Sell:
Laporte 50 (his time and last 2 years)
Gomez 10 (not good enough)
Cancelo 40 (bridges burned move on)
Gundo nil (not enough energy his time)
Bernardo 50 (soap opera)
Steffen 5 (not good enough)
Wilson Esbrand 5 (+buyback)
Doyle 10 (+buyback)
McAtee 10 (+buyback)
Kabore 10 (cash in)
Herrera 5 (cash in)
Total 195

Loan out:

Palmer (lower half prem team)
Delap (another championship year)
Harwood Bellis (1 more year at Burnley in PL)

Buy:
Gvardiol 90 (laporte replacement)
Starting LB 45 (cancelo replacement)
Versatile back up FB 20 (gomez replacement)
Bellingham 120 (gundo replacement)
Pacey winger 80 (bernardo replacement)
Versatile back up winger 30 (new squad role)
Versatile back up CAM 30 (new squad role)
Total 415

Increases squad size by 2

To do that in one summer is ridiculous but we’ve brought that upon ourselves with decisions made over last 2 windows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.