It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We need to be more ruthless with Barca and take the likes of Balde in part exchange instead of cash? I’ve heard they are already behind with the Torres payments and we need to be kicking off if they miss payments etc as they still owe millions on outstanding transfers?! They need to slash €100-200m from their wage bill for next season it seems and are rumored to still owe Messi over €50m!

Innit mate. Hence I’d swerve the fuck out of them.

Out:
* Phillips - £40m
* Bernardo - £60m
* Laporte - £50m
* Cancelo - £60m
* Delap/McAtee/Doyle - £35m
* other EDS stars - £30m
Total - £265m

In:
* Bellingham - £130m
* Lavia - £40m
* Leao/Mitoma/Gnonto - £80m
* Robinson - £20m
* Gvardiol/a LB - £50-90m
Total - £330-370m

A bit unlikely it seems but would be an incredible summer.

Strange one. I do believe City are decent enough to offer him another 12 months, but are also comfortable waiting for Gundo to make a decision which is best for him, similar to Fern.

Perhaps if we win the Champions League in the next few months, he would consider it job done and experience a nice freebie transfer at another big club on the continent.

He would have earned it either way.

A top player and more above, seemingly a thoroughly decent human being.

I suspect the decision to stay or go will be Gundo's. Hard to see City not offering him something reasonable, even if it less than his current contract.

We all know Bernie fancies a change of scene and to ultimately end up at Benfica but Gundo is the guy that it would be better to move on from the point of view of squad age. Under the circumstances, I'd be happy to see both replaced (so long as it is with equal or more quality) to freshen to squad but there is a fine balance. Players can take time to adapt to how City play and we often see the benefits of having players who know Pep's drill inside out. So, normally, I wouldn't want more than one major midfielder to leave in a window but this coming one might need to be the exception. City need to evolve.

Out:
* Phillips - £40m
* Bernardo - £60m
* Laporte - £50m
* Cancelo - £60m
* Delap/McAtee/Doyle - £35m
* other EDS stars - £30m
Total - £265m

In:
* Bellingham - £130m
* Lavia - £40m
* Leao/Mitoma/Gnonto - £80m
* Robinson - £20m
* Gvardiol/a LB - £50-90m
Total - £330-370m

A bit unlikely it seems but would be an incredible summer.
I don't think it's that unlikely, except I think Phillips will stay so no Lavia. However if Gundogan leaves then expect a replacement for him though that could be Foden with the wide player replacing him. As for the wide player I do wonder about this Saka thing that keeps cropping up.

I don't think it's that unlikely, except I think Phillips will stay so no Lavia. However if Gundogan leaves then expect a replacement for him though that could be Foden with the wide player replacing him. As for the wide player I do wonder about this Saka thing that keeps cropping up.

Lavia will also wants to be a regular starting player, very unlikely he will accepts at best just being another squad player at this point of age and career. Maybe 2-3 season later.

Strange one. I do believe City are decent enough to offer him another 12 months, but are also comfortable waiting for Gundo to make a decision which is best for him, similar to Fern.

Perhaps if we win the Champions League in the next few months, he would consider it job done and experience a nice freebie transfer at another big club on the continent.

He would have earned it either way.

A top player and more above, seemingly a thoroughly decent human being.
One thing that makes me feel he could be staying is the actual work he's been doing behind the scenes with the coaching

Gundagun wants to be a manager so another year with City then maybe academy or u18's with a place on Peps team?

It's one of those, he probably has 2 years at the top if he pushes but at City he has so many pathways to his next job I suppose??

We are selling to Barcelona, the "discount is mandatory".
We cant even capitalize on their players having unrest. Gavi has stated that if Bernado comes to Barcelona, he won't stay..., why aren't we using this to our advantage?
Well don't sell to them, simple really

I wonder with Gundo is it how long the contract is. Can see us offering 1 year with an option? Then maybe goes New York etc. Barca will be probably offering a longer deal to begin with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.