It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Cancelo and Walker want to start every week
why? no one else in the squad other than ederson, rodri and KDB "start every week". we've always been about rotation! i bet laporte and gundo and riyad and ruben and stones and raz want to start every week, if you're good you start, if your quality drop you drop.. i really don't see this as a problem tbh

None of those players are nailed on starters. It’s not like I’m saying we should let Ederson, Dias, Rodri, KDB and Foden leave. I’ve also said I want Jesus and Zin to stay, so effectively I am saying, we take any good offer for Ake (if he wants to go) and we do not under any circumstances effectively pay £2.5m pw for Sterling and Mahrez over the next 12 months. I mean it’s hardly a crazy idea not wanting the club to write off £125m for 12 months out of those two is it?

It's really up to the players more than the club. If they want to see out their contracts and leave for free for a massive contract somewhere next summer then there's not a whole lot we can do about it

Combined, the pair of them are on around 500k a week, so around 25 million a year. So do you really think we could sell the pair of them for a total of 100+ million?

I can't see anyone offering more than 30 for Mahrez and 50 for Sterling, considering their contract situations, the former's age and the latter's wages.

And if you sell them both, you have to replace them with at least one new forward, who won't be cheap.
I’d like to think we could get £50m for Sterling and £40m+ for Mahrez.

Sterling at £50m is a belting deal for someone given his record and Mahrez is very highly thought of in the game.

Of course they have to be replaced but the funds are then there to do it.

cole palmer is the obvious player
Cole Palmer, not the same profile nor got any real credentials replaces our best attacker the past 4 years. Poor planning. He’s more of the Mahrez long term replacement. Sterling gone and no one coming in of the same profile is really limiting the teams pace and directness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.