It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I mean, we *could* take a risk and trust a youth player. we probably won't, but that's certainly a possibility that a lot of teams make.

I mean, we *could* take a risk and trust a youth player. we probably won't, but that's certainly a possibility that a lot of teams make.
Im all for trusting the youth but there bare one ready in Palmer... And he cannot replace Sterling alone, numbers nor speed. Mahrez, sure, they are alike, but the pace we miss out on with Sterling and Jesus gone will be punishing.

This Hirst article sounds a lot like the one last summer... Everyone is leaving and wants to leave. I doubt Ake wants out. I can totally buy Zinny and Jesus tho.

Question is who replaces Ake because he’s been pivotal at times this season when our cbs are constantly injured. He’s actually been so important

No they're not. Stones is often injured, but Dias has had one notable injury in the last several years and Laporte played 33/38 league games last season

cole palmer is the obvious player
I believe the intention is to give Cole more playing time on the right so that would question Mahrez's position. Two points on this 1. Cole deserves more time and more importantly has the ability to do it and 2. Mahrez wants parity with the highest earners and a guarantee he will continue to have game time. If he accepts rotation he will stay but I believe he has already been looking at possibilities of a move away. Same with Sterling. Who can blame them as they reach the point of one more chance of a big move.

With regards to Ake, Jesus and Zinny they are highly thought of and the club have always said that they will be fair if any player wants certain amounts of playing time. It all depends on if they can continue to accept rotation at times. They all seemed happy this year so I hope that continues although it looks a certainty that Jesus will be one of the first to leave.

Overall I am very excited that we are becoming a much younger team and even if some favourites move on, it is vital that we do that. For example Liverpool have issues now as players get older or move on as they all reached similar contract issues at the same time - it will be interesting how they rebuild. For us thank the Lord we got Haaland and Alvarez so quickly as we could have been forced into an auction with Real, Liverpool, Bayern and Utd all desperate for forwards.

No they're not. Stones is often injured, but Dias has had one notable injury in the last several years and Laporte played 33/38 league games last season
We had a defensive crisis at the end of the season, which were that Ake wasnt fit. Stones and Dias was out and Laporte played with a dead knee... Rarely city had all their 4 cbs available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.