It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

My point was more that if we sell Cancelo, we'll be relying on a 32 year old Walker to play the best part of 60 games next season. I suppose we could sign another RB but 5/6 signings in one summer seems quite ambitious, although we have done it once before under Pep.

Pep seems to like CJ Egan-Riley and Stones was excellent when used at RB apart from the Madrid game when he was not fit - and he probably appreciated the game time.

We could also bring back one of our many loaned out RB prospects if we wanted 2 fullbacks each side.

Pep seems to like CJ Egan-Riley and Stones was excellent when used at RB apart from the Madrid game when he was not fit - and he probably appreciated the game time.

We could also bring back one of our many loaned out RB prospects if we wanted 2 fullbacks each side.
I doubt Stones will get much game time at RB next season. He was decent against Brentford, but poor against Villa.

Cancelo looks ropey at RB as he replaces the world’s best defensive right back.

I think we need a second defensive fullback, probably a right back to rotate with Walker. Cancelo didn’t get enough rest this season as he had to switch over when Walker wasn’t there.

Maybe Egan-Riley will be that person, but he wasn’t trusted against Villa, so I guess Pep doesn’t fully trust him yet.

That's not what Scott Carson said!

9 ManCity players have only 1 year left in
their contract.

~Raheem Sterling: He will decide his future after international duty. Real Madrid and Chelsea are linked. An offer above €60M will see him go.

~Gabriel Jesus: Heavily linked with Arsenal. The player wants to leave. Juventus and Tottenham are alsointerested.

~llkay Gundogan: It is confirmed that he is not going this summer so he might be leaving for free next year but acontract is more likely to happen

~Riyad Mahrez: City's top scorer. Linked with Real Madrid.Still nothing sure but decisions Will take place soon.

~Romeo Lavia: Made debut in Carabao Cup. A contractrenewal is very likely.

~CJ Egan Riley: Premier League and Carabao Cup debut, even started a UCL knockout game. With Walker gettingolder City would not like to lose him with his potential.

~Luke Mbete: Carabao Cup debut. Has great potential.Contract renewal is very likely,

~Samuel Edozie: After showing great potential and scoring goals in the preseason, his unlucky injury kept him out ofPep's plans. But will be trying to show more of last years
quality and earn a renewal.

~Carlos Borges: The Portuguese didn't have any game time on senior level but you can't doubt his potential. Had a key contribution in both U23 and U18 titles. He is still very young so the contract is more likely to happen after the current one expires.

-Scott Carson: Rumour is the contract is already signed

My point was more that if we sell Cancelo, we'll be relying on a 32 year old Walker to play the best part of 60 games next season. I suppose we could sign another RB but 5/6 signings in one summer seems quite ambitious, although we have done it once before under Pep.
No chance Cancelo is going, he signed a new contract 3 months ago.

I can see us signing another full back though as both sides have been the pain in the arse position over the last couple of months.

It's easy to forget too that Mendy is still a city player and I'm not sure if he's costing wages which might stop us from signing someone? It seems unlikely but what happens too if he's found not guilty?

James Pearce reckons £80m for Bellingham this Summer.

That’s…doable? Txiki pal?

Those are some decent options but I still think it would leave us a bit short. Alternatively, we could keep Cancelo and when the time comes for Walker to leave/play a reduced role, Cancelo becomes the regular RB and we find a LB who can nullify counter attacks as effectively as Walker. Whether such a player exists I have no idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.