It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If we get 60m with Sterling entering his final year if will be Txiki's finest hour and a statue will be commissioned.
The statue wouldn’t look anything like him but it would be well deserved.

Anything close to 30m would be a result, probably 20m is nearer to the truth.

They might, they also might not have a choice. Nobody knows. Well he might.
Yeah you're right. They will not have a choice if nobody wants to buy him, liverpool are letting mane go for 40m bayern is selling gnabry for 32m. Even 50M for sterling will be hard to get. Probably impossible

The tricky thing is if clubs can get him on a free why would they stump up 50mill?
Real need a right winger, Bale and isco are leaving. Lewa and gnabry also seems to leave bayern. Chelsea are also reportedly looking to sell ziyech werner and lukaku. So there are 3 clubs but i dont think they will be offering 50M tho,

Arsenal and Tottenham would happily give 60M for sterling like they did with jesus(50)but the main problem is jesus is happy to play in spurs or arsenal but sterling will not go there.

For me, it's not just about the quality or the timing, it's about ensuring there is variety in the squad. Palmer is amazing and hopefully will have a fantastic career, but of Mahrez/Sterling, he's more like a Mahrez replacement. If Sterling goes, I'd want someone who can replicate that acceleration to get in behind on the right and provide width - make full use of the pitch.

Would definitely want more minutes for the youngsters in the next few seasons - Carlos Borges, as well as those you mentioned, looks incredibly talented.

Here’s a left field one.

If Mahrez or Sterling did leave, maybe even late in the window, the club decide not to rush into buying a replacement but didn’t want to be left relying too much on Palmer and or other youth players.

How about signing Bale for a year?

He was still very useful for Spurs last season, we have the best medical department in the country IMO, he wouldn’t be overused, but could rotate in.

He apparently wants to keep playing club football so he can keep playing for Wales and the other option seems to be Cardiff who aren’t going to be paying him anything much so wages aren’t an issue.

Could lend a lot of CL winning experience to a side losing 2 or 3 of its most experienced players, gives the club time to scout and negotiate for a long term RW and try out the kids and in return he gets to add playing for Pep to his resume and probably a PL title.

Yeah you're right. They will not have a choice if nobody wants to buy him, liverpool are letting mane go for 40m bayern is selling gnabry for 32m. Even 50M for sterling will be hard to get. Probably impossible
No you are missing the point, they might not have a choice if he decides to wait until next year. I think there will be a few teams that would pay around £50 mill, better value than £40 mill for Mane , teams he wants to join , who knows. Personally I think hell extend with us as it might be his best option, when he sits and thinks about it.

No you are missing the point, they might not have a choice if he decides to wait until next year. I think there will be a few teams that would pay around £50 mill, better value than £40 mill for Mane , teams he wants to join , who knows. Personally I think hell extend with us as it might be his best option, when he sits and thinks about it.
Sterling extension, i would love that. But i really dont want to see him go for free along with Mahrez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.