It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Never said they didn't give us something but Pep seems happy how we are and that's enough for me. It's his job on the line.

Lose somethings in Sterling and gain others in Palmer and Alvarez. The beauty of football.
again there is no proof pep is happy about losing those two players. but like I side the squad building is upto the higher ups and pep works with what he is given.

Not bothered about media speculation on fees. Wishing Sterling all the best. V interested to see who will come in his place or if we even replace him at all.

We have to trust Pep and the board to do the right things here. I would have liked less outgoings in terms of keeping continuity and we will require new players to hit the ground running. However there is an argument to say that freshening things up will bring more hunger to the team.

I think we were incredibly lucky that we had a generation of players after the takeover who were so committed that they'd just sign new deals every 2 years and we never had to worry. The reality is what we're currently seeing with Bernardo and Raz and previously with KDB. Top players are constantly in demand, and they use that demand to negotiate contracts.
Rather than being extra committed I think its more to do with the fact that most of the top players are now choosing to run their contracts down and move on a Bosman in order to get a big signing on fee. Mane being the latest. We have to accept that players at City might do that too.

BM seems to have a fear that City are in some way less able to keep players and that we are overly emotional and doing Barca favours. I don’t think it’s true or anything to be overly concered about.

again there is no proof pep is happy about losing those two players. but like I side the squad building is upto the higher ups and pep works with what he is given.
I think we would know if he wasn't.

No it's not. How many times. You think Khaldoon signs players like he's playing FIFA?

Transfer committee includes Pep, Txiki and Omar Berrada. Khaldoon and Ferran sign the checks off.

Palmer is more like Mahrez than Jesus or Sterling and it's a lot to expect of him. Mahrez is probably going after his contract ends, so we'd just be in this position after that. Lot of experience to lose as well
I dont know what anyones worried about we’ve lost players before, we’ve brought different players in not always direct replacements and we’ve carried on winning. No reason to expect that to change. I’m supremely confident and looking forward to next season whoever we have in the squad.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.