It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Phillips can play centre back, can't he?

If Zin stays and Cucurella comes in, we are covered left side.

It would placate Laporte and Stones, with Dias more comfortable on the left of the pairing.

If we can get £60m it would be a great deal all round and would wish a very decent person all the best.

Imagine getting £120m just from Chelsea for Raheem and Ake?

£50m for Jesus, £50m Torres, £12m Bazunu, £8m Porro, £5m for kid going to Leeds, potentially £10m for Steffen.

£250m brought in must be a record of some sort in one year?

That covers the Neymar deal then.. ;)

If he wants to go we can't price Ake out of a move either no matter how useful player he is. We probably could get £65m max out of them for Ake.

65m minimum but we should be playing hard ball like all clubs do with us! If we wanted Reece James how much do you think Chelsea would ask for?

We can’t rely on 3 CBs when it’s 2 games every week.

I love Stones but it isn’t strange for him to be out injured pretty frequently
Agree with this. One 4-6 weeks injury on any CB and we would basically be forced to play the same two guys twice a week for a month (or play a DM from one of the worst defensive teams in the league out of position), which greatly increases the risk of them picking up injuries as well. Only way I can see it make sense is if Pep thinks Mbete is ready to be 4th choice and see him as a real first team option this season. That or if we keep Harwood-Bellis around as the 4th choice CB, again depends on if Pep thinks either of them can handle it. Think I read that THB captained the England u21s a few weeks ago, so maybe he could be an option.

Last edited:
65m minimum but we should be playing hard ball like all clubs do with us! If we wanted Reece James how much do you think Chelsea would ask for?
Reece James is Chelsea regular player; Ake isn't our regular defender, Chelsea could realistically ask for more if he were to become available. Although we can get more than we had paid Bournemouth we can't really take the piss (although I don't want him to go). £65m is probably the limit

Reece James is Chelsea regular player; Ake isn't our regular defender, Chelsea could realistically ask for more if he were to become available. Although we can get more than we had paid Bournemouth we can't really take the piss (although I don't want him to go)
Ake is worth what Chelsea are willing to bid.

City will have a minimum valuation that would need to be met for Chelsea to buy him.

The same applies with Reece James and us.

Exactly, Stones picks up injuries, so Dias is cover and happy still getting games on the right when not on the left.

Laporte is happy because he is getting more games.

I think John has had two major muscle injuries, but the rest have been a knock or two keeping him out of one or two games, if you look at the record, and for his position - he hasn’t been out through injury that much.

Being fit and in the right head space the guy is brilliant and underestimated for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.