It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'm not sure how we have a small squad- we have 21 senior players on my last count, which isn't a tiny squad. We also have a squad that has a lot of versatility in terms of positions and formations we can play. Last year was a freak having so many centre halves and full backs out at a crucial point.

I'm not sure how we have a small squad- we have 21 senior players on my last count, which isn't a tiny squad. We also have a squad that has a lot of versatility in terms of positions and formations we can play. Last year was a freak having so many centre halves and full backs out at a crucial point.
Does that 21 include 3 goalkeepers?

Here's how I think players can cover each other...maybe we'll finally get Ederson outfield? :-)
View attachment 53087

Interesting way at looking at it and how it is put together. Think one or two are probably exaggerated, even so, bit if a clear picture. Shows there is less flexibility in defence where we have 7 for 4 positions than further forward where we have 10 for 6.

I still think we are light in both, purely in bodies, rather than quality or flexibility. Which imo can't make up when people go missing and they will. But hopefully the kids can play some part too.

But it still happened? Who knows how Laporte comes back? Its Kev & Gundo that worries me more to be honest as they are prone to muscle and back injuries and i fear the world cup will push them to the limit and then straight back in to premier league action on boxing day?

But it still happened? Who knows how Laporte comes back? Its Kev & Gundo that worries me more to be honest as they are prone to muscle and back injuries and i fear the world cup will push them to the limit and then straight back in to premier league action on boxing day?
You also don't want a squad that means you can't even have senior players on the bench. 21 senior players means we have one goalkeeper on the bench and no academy players. Of you had a bigger squad and everyone was fit you would end up with players being left at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.