So the arse want

Rice
Lavia
Timber
Diaby
Havertz

Some list that to be fair to them

Do they know you cannot buy class?

None of those players will take them to the next level. They still do not have a striker and they have just one midfielder (who goes missing in big games) who has guile.

No fucker wants you pal
That might be the case and it might be how some feel, but if we’re not to take too big a hit, we need to start bigging him up and creating a market for him. After all, he’s a gem of a guy, a proven winner, and flexible enough to play in multiple positions. See, just like that. Do I hear 40 million ladies and gentlemen? 35…

Think Frank is a great shout. The assistant role has many facets, important among them being 1-1 work with individual players. I believe he’d be brilliant with our midfielders.

If I remember correctly, when Arteta left, individual players said how much they enjoyed working 1-1 with him saying he improved them as players.

The second main point I remember our players saying was how important he was in the dressing room. Frank is a natural -experienced, likeable and a playing career which would give him the respect automatically. The number of English players in our squad isn’t a negative either!

Win, win IMO.

Last season they had to bring in players like Holding, Viera, Nelson, Nketiah when they had injuries. And with CL football this coming season they’ll need to rotate more often and wouldn’t want to have to rely on kids or dross. So they are drastically improving their depth. It’s exactly what they need tbh. Their first team is generally quite young and will improve further. Rice is a clear starter for them though.

I think you are right about the squad depth and Roce walks into that team ahead of Partey. As you say, the back-ups were pretty poor. However, I am not so sure about the 'they are young so will improve'.

I think the stars aligned for Arsenal for much of the season and has led to some pundits over-rating some of the Arsenal players. They made out Gabriel and Saliba were possibly the best ever CB partnership in PL history (they were falling apart before either got injured), Odergaard world class and so on. Nketiah was a surprise. I am not quite sure last season's performances are going to be repeated in the future. I'll re-evaluate my opinion in the winter when the squad have been playing under-pressure as one of the favourites and they have CL games in their legs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.