It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

All good and well refreshing the squad with all the outgoings, but who is actually coming in? With Bernardo and gundo out the door and kdb injured we are extremely light in midfield
Kovacic, Gravidol and possibly Rice for starters, and probably several surprises.

I think those two are essential, the best in class for what we need and age profiles.

We have the money for the additional fancy window dressing, but those two are monsters for what they can immediately give to us.
Gravidol is an exciting signing as Haaland for me, the guy is already a monster at his age, just imagine what Pep will do with him.

Seems to be a lot of hysteria around the lads we are losing.

Bernie, Gundo, Laporte, Cancelo, poss Walker, all have had one foot out of the door or their contracts are running down.

The average age of those four must be 30 and that's without factoring Mahrez.

The team needs a major refresh and it's probably the difference between Pep staying at least another two years.

Stones is 29, Rodri is 27 today, Kev is 30-odd.

Let's not make the mistake of doing a Liverpool and United, hanging on to players too long.

The cycle reached the ultimate creshendo.
Yeah I agree its perhaps the time to let these guys move on despite them being great for us over the years. The only one I see us really struggling to replace would be Bernardo (no disrespect to the others). An absolute world class and unique player, and it feels like most alternatives out there would be a significant downgrade. Not many world class wingers being realistic or available this summer, haven't seen one being mentioned with us so far..

There will be no victory lap mate, not how Pep or City work.

I don't see clubs going bigger than us, it's still pretty quiet.

If we stand still, we will merge back in to the pack. Some might be okay with this, but we have a perfect opportunity this summer to rule again with the right additions.

We will be the overwhelming favourite to win the Champions League again.

Get it right, and Pep won't be leaving at the end of his present deal.

i said that yesterday that Pep himself seems to want to have a big overhaul to keep hunger within the squad but also within himself? KDB is missing the start of the season already it seems with his snapped hamstring and unfortunately i think we will have to treat him with a bit more kid gloves going forward so someone like Wirtz could do with coming in now to spend time not only with Pep but also the likes of KDB? I really hope Pep pushes the club to get Rice as well.

Probably zero chance but if bayern are serious about walker and cancelo I'd love us to ask the question about musiala (spelling) think this kid is better than Bellingham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.