It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Any chance we could go left field and get Guimaraes from Newcastle?

Phil & Kev needed wrapped up in Cotten wool next season. No more wing play, leave that to Jack.

Well, you are considering his usefulness to us. I don't deny that. I'm just not sure I'm giving up 80 mil at 33 something. He might not be this good next year, and the Saudi might have slowed down the gold rush next summer.

You have to strike when you are hor. Hw is hot right now. Whether he'd be hot next summer is speculation. And the older he gets the fewer his options.

Look id rather he stayed. I'm just saying I wouldn't in his position.
I would wait one more season and then have a few more options. One more season at Champions League club who also has got the World Club Cup to play for is still worth sticking around for.

Dream signing but would this be a case of getting a player who will only pine for Barca in a year or two?

City lack a creative spark. We have plenty of ball carriers but apart from Phil we don’t have someone who can split the defence or find Haaland. It will be our undoing if we can’t find such a player. Maddison might fill a hole until someone else comes alone?

Kev needs managed. The drop off in creative output once he is either not fit or suffering burn out is stark. No coincidence Haaland stopped putting the ball in the net. The supply dried up.

Apart from FDJ and he won’t leave Barca!!!
Some of this is that our possession oriented football encourages horizontal movement of the ball. Mahrez is valued by Pep because he doesn't make a lot of mistakes in this set up, but he's not a creative force. Jack can be, but his creativity is either horizontal toward the top of the penalty circle, or down to the touch line. Phil is much more creative on the wings, but loses the ball more. Hence why we saw a lot of Mahrez.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure it isn't a system issue more than a Riyad Issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.