It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

No point rushing signings. We have enough players at the club already to start the season which will allow us to bed in the new ones.

City need to be seen as tough negotiators who will walk away from crazy valuations. I am happy for the club to take this approach. Losing out on players is inevitable. We have the best manager of all time and if potential new signings wont push a move to us then it’s a good thing. Look at united, stuck with tons of mediocre crap.

Spanish international - peak years - multiple trophy success (when played), Yrs learning under Pep in an elite side. Seems cheap.
You also have to take into account his wages, it'll be swings and roundabouts. We get a decent wedge in and big wages off the books, Juventus pay less up front and in effect pay the rest of over the length of the contract in the form of wages.

Edit: I presume the club would be happier than selling him to Arsenal (or anyone in the PL) as well.

This is surely BS? €30m? They are having a laugh.

I agree €30m seems a bit low, but not sure what people expect.. I mean, who would pay €50m when Bayern/PSG/Real Madrid/Barcelona wont/cant do it? The answer is most likely no one, unless we want to sell to a PL rival. Its a 29 year old (meaning no resale value for any buying club) on high wages that had only 12 PL appearances this season. His value is not exactly at its peak, especially not since it seems like he is not a part of our plans and its us wanting to move him on rather than him being lured away. €30-40m seems reasonable to me, a similar fee to what Bayern bought Mane for last year. Sure, he was on the last year of his contract and 1 year older, but also an attacking player and a regular starter in Liverpool.

With that said, personally I would rather keep him. As long as he is not causing any problems that is.

You also have to take into account his wages, it'll be swings and roundabouts. We get a decent wedge in and big wages off the books, Juventus pay less up front and in effect pay the rest of over the length of the contract in the form of wages.

Edit: I presume the club would be happier than selling him to Arsenal (or anyone in the PL) as well.
If we sold him for £100m, or just got a fiver for him, it would be hailed as a stroke of genius. So doesn't matter really.

I completely trust the club as they rarely get it wrong when it comes to transfers - but it is unsettling that nothing seems to be happening.

• Kovacic was done and dusted months ago
  • We made a bid for Rice, got rejected, and pulled out
  • Gvardiol seems to have all gone quiet
  • No one who I expected might leave seems to be leaving - Silva, Laporte, Mahrez, Cancelo
  • Even the usual young players being loaned out isn't happening

We've just won the treble, we now need to defend these trophies and to do that we need quality additions, and dead wood shipping out.

I'm not complaining - just surprised as the players are back in training next week (or the week after?) and we normally have all our transfers wrapped up within a few weeks of the

I completely trust the club as they rarely get it wrong when it comes to transfers - but it is unsettling that nothing seems to be happening.

• Kovacic was done and dusted months ago
  • We made a bid for Rice, got rejected, and pulled out
  • Gvardiol seems to have all gone quiet
  • No one who I expected might leave seems to be leaving - Silva, Laporte, Mahrez, Cancelo
  • Even the usual young players being loaned out isn't happening

We've just won the treble, we now need to defend these trophies and to do that we need quality additions, and dead wood shipping out.

I'm not complaining - just surprised as the players are back in training next week (or the week after?) and we normally have all our transfers wrapped up within a few weeks of the season ending

10 mil for someone with one cap and on top of that 19 m for Trafford. Some incredible sales from City

Our players a worth far more than say a player from Villa rags or Everton just because of how we train them the standards we have in players is way higher! Does well there he be worth 3/4 times more than what they paid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.