It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I completely trust the club as they rarely get it wrong when it comes to transfers - but it is unsettling that nothing seems to be happening.

• Kovacic was done and dusted months ago
  • We made a bid for Rice, got rejected, and pulled out
  • Gvardiol seems to have all gone quiet
  • No one who I expected might leave seems to be leaving - Silva, Laporte, Mahrez, Cancelo
  • Even the usual young players being loaned out isn't happening

We've just won the treble, we now need to defend these trophies and to do that we need quality additions, and dead wood shipping out.

I'm not complaining - just surprised as the players are back in training next week (or the week after?) and we normally have all our transfers wrapped up within a few weeks of the season ending.
  • Kovacic was announced just 9 days back, not months back (whether sorted or not)
  • We perhaps made a bid for Rice but WHU wanted more than we were prepared to pay
  • Why would City or Leipzig give daily updates on Gvardiol?
  • You weren't expecting Gundogan to leave?
  • We've already sold or let go at least two youth players, but they usually get mentioned or sorted towards the end of the window (1st of September BTW)

This is surely BS? €30m? They are having a laugh.

We bought him for £57m Inc bonuses which have been paid, that was a 6 yr contract so for ffp that’s £9.5m per yr of his contract. He’s 1 yr left meaning he’s costing us £9.5m if he stays for his final season, if we sell him however for £25m then we have done well. That’s means he’s cost us £6.5m a season he’s been with us.

This is surely BS? €30m? They are having a laugh.

I’m sure that’s ‘The Whores‘ valuation not ours… We do need Laporte to move on, he’s too good to sit on the bench. Needs to go to a none domestic rival and I’m guessing we will compromise on the prices but not to the tune of a 50 per cent discount.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.