It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Any big name targets though come at a price and we do have form for not really wanting to be that type of club? Before I get the pile on from some about the season we have just had and 5 in 6 years premier leagues etc Pep himself has acknowledged the need for refresh every couple of seasons with big players? Say Valverde was available for £110m then we won’t do that even though the business is growing, we are bringing in bigger extra sponsorship etc and the academy is generating huge profits now? We may only have Pep for two more years so let’s go big and see if he can do the quad!
Don't worry about any pile ons mate. As of now it's been a very underwhelming window. We've lost arguably our most influential midfielder and replaced him with an inferior player; albeit Kovacic is technically sound and will prove his worth as a squad option. There's also way too many with their futures up in the air which can't be helping preseason preparations; if we lose Mahrez and Bernie in the final week of the window we'll struggle to replace them with the requisite quality. Getting Gvardiol over the line would be a great start.

Don't worry about any pile ons mate. As of now it's been a very underwhelming window. We've lost arguably our most influential midfielder and replaced him with an inferior player; albeit Kovacic is technically sound and will prove his worth as a squad option. There's also way too many with their futures up in the air which can't be helping preseason preparations; if we lose Mahrez and Bernie in the final week of the window we'll struggle to replace them with the requisite quality. Getting Gvardiol over the line would be a great start.
Who in the world, in his position, do you believe is better than Gundogan?

Some players are not replaceable, like for like, but Kovacic is a superb player.

Agreed mate, Gvardiol in would be excellent before pre season starts, I Also think Kovacic is going to surprise a lot of fans with how good he will be in this team? We chased Bellingham and then Rice so that says to me we want an extra body in there anyway?

Until players leave either sold or loan we only have room for 1 more

This.

As things stand it will be Gvardiol in and thats it. We are staying the same.

My concern with this window is us refusing to sell to rivals in the PL, and probably rightly so after last season with what Arsenal managed to do, but this league is where the money is. Continental Europe outside of Madrid, Paris and Bayern is absolutely broke.

I just have a feeling players like Laporte and Cancelo are going to end up on loans to Italy/ Spain and the Bernardo transfer will go on all summer until somebody pays the fee we want.

We need to say to Bernardo and his agent, you have until the end of the month. After that you are staying.

We can't get into August and all of a sudden PSG decide to put 80m euros on the table and then we are left scrambling around with 2 weeks to go to find an adequate replacement.

PSG will probaly need to find a Mbappe replacement first before they starting thinking about Bernie.

PSG will probaly need to find a Mbappe replacement first before they starting thinking about Bernie.

I think Bernardo could well be their Mbappe replacement.

They won't replace Mbappe like for like unless they swap him for Vinicious. A whole new direction, formation and style will have to be implemented.

This.

As things stand it will be Gvardiol in and thats it. We are staying the same.

My concern with this window is us refusing to sell to rivals in the PL, and probably rightly so after last season with what Arsenal managed to do, but this league is where the money is. Continental Europe outside of Madrid, Paris and Bayern is absolutely broke.

I just have a feeling players like Laporte and Cancelo are going to end up on loans to Italy/ Spain and the Bernardo transfer will go on all summer until somebody pays the fee we want.

We need to say to Bernardo and his agent, you have until the end of the month. After that you are staying.

We can't get into August and all of a sudden PSG decide to put 80m euros on the table and then we are left scrambling around with 2 weeks to go to find an adequate replacement.

I can see Mahrez accepting the Saudi move to be honest mate and that could happen quickly?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.