It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Unless, as you say, it’s any one of Real, Barça, Bayern, PSG, or Juve.

I’d also add both Milanese clubs to that - how much is Lukaku?

Then in the tier just below that, are clubs that can and will do it *occasionally*, those would be the likes of AS Monaco, RB Leipzig, Shakhtar, plus any wildcards that do just come out of the blue and find money ‘down the back of the sofa’.

But that’s five to seven A* tier options in Europe, plus a handful of A- tier options.

Not that domestic transfers should be ruled out.
According to transfermarkt, about £63m - but that is a complete outlier, and £20m+ more than their next highest transfer.

AC Milan have never even got near those kind of figures - their record is £36m. Monaco's is under £40m. Leipzig around £30m.

I think a lot of our players are being quoted around the £50m-£60m mark, probably because of all the £50m transfers in the PL, but that would be close to an all time record for all but the biggest of Champions League clubs.

These clubs are not going to be stumping up record fees for defenders/midfielders in the age range that we're selling.

Domestic transfers are obviously where the money comes in, but I get the impression we aren't as keen on selling locally, and our want-aways less keen on staying in England.

hope we take advantage of the Saudi money rain. I bet Liverpool and United also thinking to flog 1-2 players there.
Chelsea already sent a few for decent fees.
Arsenal also hoping they can get rid of Partey to a Saudi club who has some bad legal case mounting against him.

Wouldnt mind to get Saudi buyers for Cancelo and Mahrez as no one else would pay decent fees for them.

hope we take advantage of the Saudi money rain. I bet Liverpool and United also thinking to flog 1-2 players there.
Chelsea already sent a few for decent fees.
Arsenal also hoping they can get rid of Partey to a Saudi club who has some bad legal case mounting against him.

Wouldnt mind to get Saudi buyers for Cancelo and Mahrez as no one else would pay decent fees for them.
Cancelo yes but replacing Mahrez should fit in with whatever our long term plans were before the crazy money was available.

There aren't many decent attackers out there so until we get more in and properly vet them then I'd prefer to keep Mahrez in the squad.

Maybe let him go in the January windowing all looks well in the attack.

The amount of money the academy ( as well as starting to provide quality talent for the first team) is providing to the club is simply incredible, what an amazing success story.
I wonder how will the academy, and English football in general, adapt to no longer having " foreign" footballers in them
e.g. The 4 lads we sold to Southampton last season, Lavia, Bazunu, Edozie, Larios would not have been able to have played for our academy in the current rules.

I wonder how will the academy, and English football in general, adapt to no longer having " foreign" footballers in them
e.g. The 4 lads we sold to Southampton last season, Lavia, Bazunu, Edozie, Larios would not have been able to have played for our academy in the current rules.
Whats this?

Someone can correct me if this info is incorrect but according to FA website

Under FIFA’s rules, the UK’s exit from the EU will mean that clubs will not be able to sign players from overseas until they are 18

Isn’t it that way now anyway or was it 16 before?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.