It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

you can move any of hte B list to the club trained, doesnt really make a difference to the limits
Yes I know that - but until we are producing more players who can go on and be established first team players through their prime years then we are always looked at as the golden egg as soon as we look to sign an English trained player. And it will help any future manager who wants to operate with a bigger more experienced squad than Pep does to be able to fill those three places with players in their mid-20's.

Yes I know that - but until we are producing more players who can go on and be established first team players through their prime years then we are always looked at as the golden egg as soon as we look to sign an English trained player. And it will help any future manager who wants to operate with a bigger more experienced squad than Pep does to be able to fill those three places with players in their mid-20's.
yeah, thats where buyback's come in handy later on. need to be a perfect storm of talent and opportunity to get a shot at 18 and keep it. Frimpong for example could be signed and he'd be eligible for one.

According to transfermarkt, about £63m - but that is a complete outlier, and £20m+ more than their next highest transfer.

AC Milan have never even got near those kind of figures - their record is £36m. Monaco's is under £40m. Leipzig around £30m.

I think a lot of our players are being quoted around the £50m-£60m mark, probably because of all the £50m transfers in the PL, but that would be close to an all time record for all but the biggest of Champions League clubs.

These clubs are not going to be stumping up record fees for defenders/midfielders in the age range that we're selling.

Domestic transfers are obviously where the money comes in, but I get the impression we aren't as keen on selling locally, and our want-aways less keen on staying in England.
Sterling, Zinchenko and Jesus were sold to EPL clubs.

Personally I think there’s only one club we don’t sell to, if there’s a deal to be had, and none of our squad would ever risk their reputation on that clown-show anyway

Because there’s more English players in the academy? To be fair I would say the English lads in our academy are the best players and have been for a while now. Much more likely to stick with the club as well.
The only English player from our Academy that has been a consistent success is Phil Foden but last season was one of his weakest seasons since he broke through and isn't still fully trusted to play centrally under Pep.

Because there’s more English players in the academy? To be fair I would say the English lads in our academy are the best players and have been for a while now. Much more likely to stick with the club as well.
Possibly true but the likes of Bobb, Borges etc. would not be with us.
The European teams will have an advantage in that they still have the option of getting young players from other countries.
e.g. PSG can still have a young player from Spain in their academy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.