It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The only English player from our Academy that has been a consistent success is Phil Foden but last season was one of his weakest seasons since he broke through and isn't still fully trusted to play centrally under Pep.

The only youth player at all who has been a consistent success is foden. English or not. But we currently have a crop of players who are some of the best young players in Europe in my opinion - Trafford, Bellis, Macatee, Palmer, Lewis.

It’s incredibly difficult to get into our first team either way. English youth players aren’t reducing the quality, if anything they are improving it. Consistently the best players across Europe/ different age groups

The only youth player at all who has been a consistent success is foden. English or not. But we currently have a crop of players who are some of the best young players in Europe in my opinion - Trafford, Bellis, Macatee, Palmer, Lewis.

It’s incredibly difficult to get into our first team either way
THB isn't quite good enough for us but we get a decent fee, I wouldn't mind giving McAtee a fair go but again I doubt he will be affored much game time same with Cole Palmer. Same with Trafford. Lewis is promising showed encouraging signs he is worth keeping and he can fully make it at City.

Sterling, Zinchenko and Jesus were sold to EPL clubs.

Personally I think there’s only one club we don’t sell to, if there’s a deal to be had, and none of our squad would ever risk their reputation on that clown-show anyway
That's the point that's usually made - it may not be true, but seems to be a lot of mentions in the transfer news that City aren't keen on selling to rival clubs.

Also regular suggestions that some of the players that want to leave aren't looking to go to other PL clubs.

Possibly true but the likes of Bobb, Borges etc. would not be with us.
The European teams will have an advantage in that they still have the option of getting young players from other countries.
e.g. PSG can still have a young player from Spain in their academy.
The next Bobb, Lavia, Muric, Diaz, Garcia, Gomes, Maffeo, Pozo, Angeliño, Iheanacho et al, will have to spend their formative years at Troyes, Lommel, Palermo, or Girona.

Not exactly a hardship for the player, but it will effect their homegrown status, they’ll have less emotional connection to the city of Manchester and to the club, and they won’t benefit from having trained with the rest of our youth side.

Fine if the only intention is to sell, as we did with the majority of those names anyway. But if we ever considered them for the first team, the brexit rules are going to impact on that.

Majority have been Spaniards, I suppose they’d have all been at Girona, had the law been as it is now.

Really classy player and probably one of the most stylistically similar players to gundo.

Also watched the podcast where that quote was cited from and he mentions how he loves and adores gundogan and asked for his shirt one time if I’m not mistaken.

Newcastle are having “ffp” issues and need cash(not like they’re truly in need of it) to find their summer window. I wouldn’t be against testing the waters and bidding for Guimaraes.

Really classy player and probably one of the most stylistically similar players to gundo.

Also watched the podcast where that quote was cited from and he mentions how he loves and adores gundogan and asked for his shirt one time if I’m not mistaken.

Newcastle are having “ffp” issues and need cash(not like they’re truly in need of it) to find their summer window. I wouldn’t be against testing the waters and bidding for Guimaraes.

Not a chance. Quality player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.