It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I know some posters on here can’t seem to take any criticism aimed towards the club but the way we have handled this transfer window thus far has been very strange imo.

I just can’t understand the strategy, we have players who seemingly want to leave (mahrez, Walker, Bernardo, laporte) and we have got ourselves into a position whereby if a side come to us with a suitable offer we will accept it? Surely it would be prudent to have replacements in the building (like with Jesus last season for eg) before we agree to sell. It’s less than 4 weeks until the season starts and we are somehow in a situation whereby we don’t know what these players plans are?

Not to mention we have cancelo hanging over us and the club seemingly miss judged the gundogan situation. Then we had the strange rice bid which failed followed by a briefing to the usual suspects that we are happy with our midfield options?

It just seems to slapdash and reactive this summer.

I know the club like to be seen in a positive light but we need to continue to be aggressive in the market because if we don’t teams will overtake us.

I know some posters on here can’t seem to take any criticism aimed towards the club but the way we have handled this transfer window thus far has been very strange imo.

I just can’t understand the strategy, we have players who seemingly want to leave (mahrez, Walker, Bernardo, laporte) and we have got ourselves into a position whereby if a side come to us with a suitable offer we will accept it? Surely it would be prudent to have replacements in the building (like with Jesus last season for eg) before we agree to sell. It’s less than 4 weeks until the season starts and we are somehow in a situation whereby we don’t know what these players plans are?

Not to mention we have cancelo hanging over us and the club seemingly miss judged the gundogan situation. Then we had the strange rice bid which failed followed by a briefing to the usual suspects that we are happy with our midfield options?

I know the club like to be seen in a positive light but we need to continue to be aggressive in the market because if we don’t teams will overtake us.
You also missed that training resumes tomorrow and no replacement for Borell or Maresca has been announced

While I agree with everything you just wrote, I think I just wanna see how it all pans out before being overly critical about how the transfer window is going. I think the club has deserved that we give them the benefit of the doubt and I wanna see how they solve many of the question marks so far this summer before complaining to much. The club rarely discuss our transfer business in the open and a lot is going on behind the scenes we dont know about. For all we know the mood could be very different on this part of the forum in just 2 weeks. The season starts on August 6, which is just 3 weeks from now, so I would assume we have a much clearer picture of how this seasons squad will look by then. But I agree, its about time things start happening very soon. In my opinion :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.