It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I know some posters on here can’t seem to take any criticism aimed towards the club but the way we have handled this transfer window thus far has been very strange imo.

I just can’t understand the strategy, we have players who seemingly want to leave (mahrez, Walker, Bernardo, laporte) and we have got ourselves into a position whereby if a side come to us with a suitable offer we will accept it? Surely it would be prudent to have replacements in the building (like with Jesus last season for eg) before we agree to sell. It’s less than 4 weeks until the season starts and we are somehow in a situation whereby we don’t know what these players plans are?

Not to mention we have cancelo hanging over us and the club seemingly miss judged the gundogan situation. Then we had the strange rice bid which failed followed by a briefing to the usual suspects that we are happy with our midfield options?

It just seems to slapdash and reactive this summer.

I know the club like to be seen in a positive light but we need to continue to be aggressive in the market because if we don’t teams will overtake us.

I got called a rag for posting a similar view few pages back now.

Honestly this transfer window has been a shambles so far.

Hope we sort it out soon, pre season training starts tomorrow

And yet we have most of our Treble winning side players still at the club. Yep an awful transfer window

Bernardo, Walker, cancello, mahrez, Laporte all wanting/hinting to leave.
KDB will be out for 1/2 months start of the season.
captain of a treble win gone replaced by a Chelsea sub.

can’t just be me that is slightly concerned by this surely?

Bernardo, Walker, cancello, mahrez, Laporte all wanting/hinting to leave.
KDB will be out for 1/2 months start of the season.
captain of a treble win gone replaced by a Chelsea sub.

can’t just be me that is slightly concerned by this surely?
Only Mahrez and Walker are looking likely to leave. And if that latest tweet about Barcelona is true we can forget about dealing with them for Cancelo nevermind Bernardo Silva any time soon. But flap away by all means.

I know some posters on here can’t seem to take any criticism aimed towards the club but the way we have handled this transfer window thus far has been very strange imo.

I just can’t understand the strategy, we have players who seemingly want to leave (mahrez, Walker, Bernardo, laporte) and we have got ourselves into a position whereby if a side come to us with a suitable offer we will accept it? Surely it would be prudent to have replacements in the building (like with Jesus last season for eg) before we agree to sell. It’s less than 4 weeks until the season starts and we are somehow in a situation whereby we don’t know what these players plans are?

Not to mention we have cancelo hanging over us and the club seemingly miss judged the gundogan situation. Then we had the strange rice bid which failed followed by a briefing to the usual suspects that we are happy with our midfield options?

I know the club like to be seen in a positive light but we need to continue to be aggressive in the market because if we don’t teams will overtake us.
It's not about fans not being able to accept criticism. Certain posters are just coming out with nonsense.

So far we have lost Gundogan and replaced him with Kovacic. That's it. Forget rumours and paper talk.

Let's say we do have several players who want to leave. Your solution is to be "prudent" and go and spend a fortune on replacements and then we massively lower our leverage when we want to sell players or end up in a situation like Chelsea whereby the first team squad is 30+ players because we can't sell anyone.

By all accounts if we get Gvardiol then Laporte will go. We are yet to know what Mahrez and Walker will do and the Bernardo situation is difficult because it's extremely unlikely we will get any offers but if we do, then I reckon we have a book full of options as a replacement.

How is it reactive and slapdash. One player has left and one player has joined. Nothing else has happened.

I got called a rag for posting a similar view few pages back now.

Honestly this transfer window has been a shambles so far.

Hope we sort it out soon, pre season training starts tomorrow
I think you’re probably getting grief for saying stuff like “this transfer window has been a shambles so far”.

Kovacic for Gundogan is probably a bit of a downgrade, but will reserve judgement on that for now. Who knows how he’ll perform under Guardiola. Otherwise it’s literally the same squad that won the treble last season, so can see why you and others are getting a bit of stick. Relax, and judge the window at the end, not halfway through.

I disagree & think we’ve done good business early. I think you’ll see more of Alvarez, Lewis, Phillips & Palmer this year & Mcatee is coming back. Hopefully Bernardo & Walker stay with a couple of tweaks if we can get them or lose a player.

As for the coaching team, our back room team is massive, I just don’t see it being an issue & could be waiting someone.

I’m not remotely worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.