It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I’ll level with you, I don’t think he has the inside track on City’s financial accounts.

His claim to fame seems to be that he went up to some bloke with press written on the back of his jacket and pressed him there. So seems legit to me.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if this is true. It's an FFP breach after all. Also wouldn't be surprised to see someone coming this way from Barcelona to keep us "sweet".

Btw, his little prank reminds me of when I was at the top of the WTC in NY and there was a guy with "Chuck" on the back of his jacket. It was tempting I can tell you.

I know some posters on here can’t seem to take any criticism aimed towards the club but the way we have handled this transfer window thus far has been very strange imo.

I just can’t understand the strategy, we have players who seemingly want to leave (mahrez, Walker, Bernardo, laporte) and we have got ourselves into a position whereby if a side come to us with a suitable offer we will accept it? Surely it would be prudent to have replacements in the building (like with Jesus last season for eg) before we agree to sell. It’s less than 4 weeks until the season starts and we are somehow in a situation whereby we don’t know what these players plans are?

Not to mention we have cancelo hanging over us and the club seemingly miss judged the gundogan situation. Then we had the strange rice bid which failed followed by a briefing to the usual suspects that we are happy with our midfield options?

It just seems to slapdash and reactive this summer.

I know the club like to be seen in a positive light but we need to continue to be aggressive in the market because if we don’t teams will overtake us.
We return from holidays today. Judgements before now are premature, IMO. We have lost one player only, and anything else is Twitter gossip, and we replaced that player with a top-quality, proven international who Chelsea fans are very disappointed to lose (in my circle). Academy players have returned, growing the squad, and Bobb has been promoted. As it stands, we have a slightly larger squad than last year's treble winning one, and we have four weeks of the transfer window remaining. That isn't rose-tinted, or a refusal to accept criticism, it is just a statement of exactly where we are at this moment in time.

Don't know if this has been posted

Think this warning is don’t start paying up or we will report your to Uefa! Weird though that uefa have to wait for a complaint before doing anything about a club that are in so much shit financially levers been pulled have ran out billions in debt and uefa do nought! Oh they apparently bought another player on the drip for 40m a young Brazilian 20m next season 20m year after! It’s an utter disgrace they get away with this..

I get why some folks are worried. It's the transfer window FOMO. You see the rivals spending cash left and right despite having won nothing in the last few years, and you start fearing that if we don't do the same - we'll be supplanted.

Just remember our team is possibly top 3 of all time. We are treble winners and we didn't fluke our achievements - neither our stronghold will be dwindled with Mount going to Utd and Rice going to Arsenal or Maddison going to Spurs ( lol ). We all have our own vision of the team - what it should look like, who should be bought in and for what price. But the truth is Pep won the treble with no fullbacks and no traditional winger. He's simply built different.

If you're worried about the lack of activity - remember who we are. Few months ago the entire world was out to get us ( still is ) - our name besmirched - our morality questioned, but we stood undithered. They thought they did something, only for our boys to go ahead and win it all and in swashbuckling manner. We thrashed clubs who have won 23 UCL titles among themselves. We steamrolled "European Royalty" as some call it.

Have faith in Pep and his staff. There's no one better.

I got called a rag for posting a similar view few pages back now.

Honestly this transfer window has been a shambles so far.

Hope we sort it out soon, pre season training starts tomorrow

It’s a shambles come end of the window we only bough one player and 4 have left! We have nearly 2 months of the transfer window left and some fans have there Nickers in a twist!!

It’s a shambles come end of the window we only bough one player and 4 have left! We have nearly 2 months of the transfer window left and some fans have there Nickers in a twist!!
Totally agree with you and others let’s see where we are at the end of the transfer window, a long way to go yet. I understand the club giving players that have served us well time to decide their futures. However, given we need to prep for the new season starting today, I hope we will now put a deadline of tomorrow on any outgoing transfers. Letting that drag on any further wouldn’t be wise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.