It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Re the Ferran Torres stuff - if Barca have reneged on an agreed payment schedule, City would have pushed it to UEFA etc. Not sure why they would do anything different as the supposed Barca leniency isn't actually accurate (we rinsed them for Garcia). Until there is an actual story that they haven't paid when they were meant to, this just feels like people not understanding payment schedules.

Oh yes, I do admit he did better than I expected, but what I am saying is there were factors that contributed to that. Had Jesus stayed would it have been the same? He also did arrive with serious senior experience albeit in Argentina.

How many appearances starting games of those 49? I found a stat that says Haaland played 2777 minutes and Alvarez played 1452.

Listing multiple reasons for you being wrong doesn't make you any less wrong. If anything it shows just how shotrsighted you really are.

we need some new blood after the treble

i want to see ideally 2-3 new faces next season.

no need to be big name

i want someone full of desire

Listing multiple reasons for you being wrong doesn't make you any less wrong. If anything it shows just how shotrsighted you really are.
I am not listing reasons for being wrong, I am showing external reasons that helped his season. If he didn’t have the World Cup boost and Jesus were in the squad, his season probably would have been more timid. And he was far from a protagonist anyway — how many big games did he start? In terms of his quality, I would say I described him fairly back in the January 2022. Maybe you think he wouldn’t have been signed if Ferran Torres stayed in the squad too?

I know some posters on here can’t seem to take any criticism aimed towards the club but the way we have handled this transfer window thus far has been very strange imo.

I just can’t understand the strategy, we have players who seemingly want to leave (mahrez, Walker, Bernardo, laporte) and we have got ourselves into a position whereby if a side come to us with a suitable offer we will accept it? Surely it would be prudent to have replacements in the building (like with Jesus last season for eg) before we agree to sell. It’s less than 4 weeks until the season starts and we are somehow in a situation whereby we don’t know what these players plans are?

Not to mention we have cancelo hanging over us and the club seemingly miss judged the gundogan situation. Then we had the strange rice bid which failed followed by a briefing to the usual suspects that we are happy with our midfield options?

It just seems to slapdash and reactive this summer.

I know the club like to be seen in a positive light but we need to continue to be aggressive in the market because if we don’t teams will overtake us.

It could also be that the club have their targets and know where things are, and it is ourselves and the media that know nothing about gheir intentions.

How many knew ahead Akanji would be signed. or Dias, Gomez, Alvarez etc. They just happened out of nowhere. I struggle to think any of those were 'reactive'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.