It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It's not about fans not being able to accept criticism. Certain posters are just coming out with nonsense.

So far we have lost Gundogan and replaced him with Kovacic. That's it. Forget rumours and paper talk.

Let's say we do have several players who want to leave. Your solution is to be "prudent" and go and spend a fortune on replacements and then we massively lower our leverage when we want to sell players or end up in a situation like Chelsea whereby the first team squad is 30+ players because we can't sell anyone.

By all accounts if we get Gvardiol then Laporte will go. We are yet to know what Mahrez and Walker will do and the Bernardo situation is difficult because it's extremely unlikely we will get any offers but if we do, then I reckon we have a book full of options as a replacement.

How is it reactive and slapdash. One player has left and one player has joined. Nothing else has happened.

All of us seem to have taken it for granted the club want Gvardiol and expect Laporte to leave. But it vould alao be the club want Gvardiol because we know Cancelo is leaving, Ake is moving to LB. And were expecting the Cancelo money to pay a big part of Gvardiol's fer, and that could be what is holding things up.

I am not listing reasons for being wrong, I am showing external reasons that helped his season. If he didn’t have the World Cup boost and Jesus were in the squad, his season probably would have been more timid. And he was far from a protagonist anyway — how many big games did he start? In terms of his quality, I would say I described him fairly back in the January 2022. Maybe you think he wouldn’t have been signed if Ferran Torres stayed in the squad too?

You simply don’t know that and you’re just speculating. You said we wound be underwhelmed. Ask any City fan who goes to games or watches us whether they were underwhelmed by him. Of course he was never going to be a regular starter coming from Argentina, But he had a big impact and overall was excellent in his first season at the club.

I get why some folks are worried. It's the transfer window FOMO. You see the rivals spending cash left and right despite having won nothing in the last few years, and you start fearing that if we don't do the same - we'll be supplanted.

Just remember our team is possibly top 3 of all time. We are treble winners and we didn't fluke our achievements - neither our stronghold will be dwindled with Mount going to Utd and Rice going to Arsenal or Maddison going to Spurs ( lol ). We all have our own vision of the team - what it should look like, who should be bought in and for what price. But the truth is Pep won the treble with no fullbacks and no traditional winger. He's simply built different.

If you're worried about the lack of activity - remember who we are. Few months ago the entire world was out to get us ( still is ) - our name besmirched - our morality questioned, but we stood undithered. They thought they did something, only for our boys to go ahead and win it all and in swashbuckling manner. We thrashed clubs who have won 23 UCL titles among themselves. We steamrolled "European Royalty" as some call it.

Have faith in Pep and his staff. There's no one better.

Good guess. 4th apparently and we start the season on 2080 so maybe we can pass ourselves and then catch the top 3. Amazing that Pep has three of the top four.

Best Teams in History

RankTeamPeak DateEloCoach
ESP
Barcelona '12
2012-04-152110Pep Guardiola
GER
Bayern '14
2014-03-262106Pep Guardiola
ESP
Real Madrid '14
2014-05-012099Carlo Ancelotti
ENG
Man City '23
2023-05-222092Pep Guardiola

Last edited:
Still think we are a top class midfielder short, seems FDJ & Kimmich are out of the question but we obviously want one after bidding for Bellingham and Rice? Would love us to bang a £100m inc add ons for Caicedo asap to try and beat the chavs to him.
I think Caicedo is decent, but it’s utterly mental that £100m is being quoted.

Nowhere near good enough to justify those amounts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.