It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Ask any City fan who goes to games
That didn’t take too long!
I don’t need to ask anyone, I said it myself in this thread that for me (without going to games…) he surpassed my expectations and had a decent first season. I do think he himself expects to play more and have a bigger impact moving forward and I do not doubt he can deliver. Is that clear?

Now can we agree it’s absolutely ridiculous to litigate opinions debated a year and a half ago? I am the kind of person that will be open and passionate about what I think. I am not afraid of being wrong or afraid to defend what I think. I was perhaps the biggest defender of signing Haaland in his transfer thread. He had an unheard of season. I will never use that in any discussion. I was against signing Phillips and he had a pathetic season. I didn’t want Cucurella and he was beyond underwhelming for Chelsea. Etc, etc. I won’t ever use that to claim my opinions should be taken more seriously.

I wouldn’t sign Pavard. If he is signed and does well, great. It is also great that Alvarez surpassed my expectations. I am a fan of the club and we argue not for the sake of our own opinions but because we care about the club’s success

I think Caicedo is decent, but it’s utterly mental that £100m is being quoted.

Nowhere near good enough to justify those amounts.
While I agree 100m for Caicedo, a DM from Brighton, is an utterly mental number I dont think we should pay, I do understand why they want it. They have just seen a worse player in the same position, from a much worse team, go for 105m.

That didn’t take too long!
I don’t need to ask anyone, I said it myself in this thread that for me (without going to games…) he surpassed my expectations and had a decent first season. I do think he himself expects to play more and have a bigger impact moving forward and I do not doubt he can deliver. Is that clear?

Now can we agree it’s absolutely ridiculous to litigate opinions debated a year and a half ago? I am the kind of person that will be open and passionate about what I think. I am not afraid of being wrong or afraid to defend what I think. I was perhaps the biggest defender of signing Haaland in his transfer thread. He had an unheard of season. I will never use that in any discussion. I was against signing Phillips and he had a pathetic season. I didn’t want Cucurella and he was beyond underwhelming for Chelsea. Etc, etc. I won’t ever use that to claim my opinions should be taken more seriously.

I wouldn’t sign Pavard. If he is signed and does well, great. It is also great that Alvarez surpassed my expectations. I am a fan of the club and we argue not for the sake of our own opinions but because we care about the club’s success
How do you work out that you were the “biggest defender of signing Haaland”?

While I agree 100m for Caicedo, a DM from Brighton, is an utterly mental number I dont think we should pay, I do understand why they want it. They have just seen a worse player in the same position, from a much worse team, go for 105m.

i think he could be turned into a more forward thinking player under Pep mate.

Good guess. 4th apparently and we start the season on 2080 so maybe we can pass ourselves and then catch the top 3. Amazing that Pep has three of the top four.

Best Teams in History

RankTeamPeak DateEloCoach
ESP
Barcelona '12
2012-04-152110Pep Guardiola
GER
Bayern '14
2014-03-262106Pep Guardiola
ESP
Real Madrid '14
2014-05-012099Carlo Ancelotti
ENG
Man City '23
2023-05-222092Pep Guardiola

2014 isn't really Peps Bayern though lol..riding elo coat tails there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.