It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Cucurella was never good though, he's a winger turned into a fullback. He should be played in a back 5 or not at all.
We thought he was worth spending £30mill or so on him, although what Pep had in mind for him we'll never know. Of course there is only one Pep and Cucurella went to Chelsea which with hindsight was possibly his worst choice. One poor game and there were 3 more players lining up to play behind you :0

How do you work out that you were the “biggest defender of signing Haaland”?
British people really are literal. You forgot to quote the word perhaps as well, didn’t you? I was on that thread day and night responding to points and rebutting false media rumors. I wasn’t alone of course. It is telling to me that of everything I said you choose to quote that one thing. I also see you leaving likes on a few posts that are meant to attack me. I see some other people maintained their grudges and spites despite my being gone for a year, going down that same route. There is no clean slate here clearly. It is, you know, depressing. So I might as well go down the route of the ignore button to save my own mental health while on this forum.

We thought he was worth spending £30mill or so on him, although what Pep had in mind for him we'll never know. Of course there is only one Pep and Cucurella went to Chelsea which with hindsight was possibly his worst choice. One poor game and there were 3 more players lining up to play behind you :0

I mean yeah you never know how players we've missed out on would perform for us.

Yeah that's why Chelsea will struggle again next season imo, too many players so will be too much chopping and changing. Might find themselves later in season but will probably be too late.

2014 isn't really Peps Bayern though lol..riding elo coat tails there.
That’s true but all they can do is name the Manager at the time. Elo isn’t great at spotting the peak either, more the end of an era of dominance, but it’s quiet useful at comparing the level of dominance over time and is better than anything else we have. If we had beaten Brighton and Brentford at the end of last season we would have nicked 3rd…might have lost the CL doing so though!

I like this too:

United table team rating 1915
City treble team rating 2092

Last edited:
I think you’re probably getting grief for saying stuff like “this transfer window has been a shambles so far”.

Kovacic for Gundogan is probably a bit of a downgrade, but will reserve judgement on that for now. Who knows how he’ll perform under Guardiola. Otherwise it’s literally the same squad that won the treble last season, so can see why you and others are getting a bit of stick. Relax, and judge the window at the end, not halfway through.
Great advice and borne out every season. Judge at the end of the window, or better still, at the end of the forthcoming season.

I make no apologies for being a broken record but the amount of complaining we se every season, the last one being a prime example for a long time, only for the team to go and break more records (the ones you want to break).

Look, every summer, I'd like to see us make the signings that give you cause to think we are going to be unstoppable. Every summer it doesn't happen but we still end up with silverware and, under Pep, usually Champions.

Well there does appear to be two camps on transfers..the first are deemed to be flappers, the second is the club know what they are doing so do not panic..I can see both sides to be honest..Regards flappers, I guess the rumours of players leaving is unsettling and in an ideal world those who were leaving would have left and replacements sought to allow new players to do a full pre-season as joining on deadline day is not helpful for Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.