It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Well there does appear to be two camps on transfers..the first are deemed to be flappers, the second is the club know what they are doing so do not panic..I can see both sides to be honest..Regards flappers, I guess the rumours of players leaving is unsettling and in an ideal world those who were leaving would have left and replacements sought to allow new players to do a full pre-season as joining on deadline day is not helpful for Pep.
We had one player joining on deadline day that ended the season as a starter as opposed to two who were the entire preseason with the team and finished on the bench. I’m not worried about that

I think we are all disappointed to see Gundogan leave but are happy with the current squad.

The worry for all of us is the persistent rumours about players possibly leaving.
I’m the opposite. Not happy with the current squad but thinking the departures and replacements will allow us to again on all fronts even if it is sad to see certain players go

British people really are literal. You forgot to quote the word perhaps as well, didn’t you? I was on that thread day and night responding to points and rebutting false media rumors. I wasn’t alone of course. It is telling to me that of everything I said you choose to quote that one thing. I also see you leaving likes on a few posts that are meant to attack me. I see some other people maintained their grudges and spites despite my being gone for a year, going down that same route. There is no clean slate here clearly. It is, you know, depressing. So I might as well go down the route of the ignore button to save my own mental health while on this forum.
Sweeping statement there. The point is you choose perhaps the most popular player we have signed in our history. Anyone would have queried that even for a joke.

Not worth ignoring posters for that. It’s nothing.

having a actually distrust at our academy from some comments,i'm wondering what's the difference between buying a another young player like Cherki or Guler and just use our home young player if we actually all know that they can't immediatly replance a senior player like Mahrez or Bernie

I think we are all disappointed to see Gundogan leave but are happy with the current squad.

The worry for all of us is the persistent rumours about players possibly leaving.
Walker, Gundo, Mahrez, Laporte, is a hell of a lot of experience and quality to lose in one window, and if you add Bernardo to that it's getting a little worrying.

Our transfer dealings have been superb in the recent windows but will have to be exceptional in this window to equal last years squad never mind better it.

Gravidol is an upgrade for me on Laporte med/long term, Kovacic good solid signing, but we need some serious quality in MF and out wide, and seem to be linked with nobody.

Let's hope Txiki has worked his magic and quietly.

British people really are literal. You forgot to quote the word perhaps as well, didn’t you? I was on that thread day and night responding to points and rebutting false media rumors. I wasn’t alone of course. It is telling to me that of everything I said you choose to quote that one thing. I also see you leaving likes on a few posts that are meant to attack me. I see some other people maintained their grudges and spites despite my being gone for a year, going down that same route. There is no clean slate here clearly. It is, you know, depressing. So I might as well go down the route of the ignore button to save my own mental health while on this forum.
Oh stop being a complete fanny, you were quite simply called out on the fact that you said Alvarez wouldn’t do much, and instead of a bit of humility you just waffled on endlessly, making excuses.

”attacked”, fuck me, grow a pair.

Can't say I'm too happy with it. Not that I think we're lacking quality but, hypothetically, if we were going to start the next season with what we have then I feel like there's been a wasted opportunity for improvement.

I just wonder how many of those players are wide of the mark for the City management team ?

i think a lot of the players Pep would love but the club just dont seem to like huge transfers? Before i get smashed again i fully appreciate how successful we have been but i do think Pep has had to find solutions to problems that he shouldnt really have had to at times? When you see the likes of Arsenal banging £105m on a player (although he is about £20-25m overpriced) he does improve them alot which is what a manager wants? From a lot of our job journos and even tolm, we are expected to bring in over £200m in sales alone this summer, let alone our previous profits in the last few windows and our rumoured summer budget then i personally dont see why we are seemingly not going to at least sort Gvardiol asap? Another £10-15m over possibly 10 years plus for the Haaland of the defence world is baffling we dont just do the deal as Leipzig have named the price and wont budge? Why do this dance for weeks when we know the price and have form for walking away which would mean another of Pep`s wanted men is missed out on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.