It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It will but to be fair we’ll see players come back home and leave the camp, and others fly out to join them. It’s not a new thing and happens every season.
Now if KDB or Haaland are not on the flight then meltdown will ensue.
If KDB is injured and still recovering then it's highly unlikely he'll be on the plane.

It will but to be fair we’ll see players come back home and leave the camp, and others fly out to join them. It’s not a new thing and happens every season.
Now if KDB or Haaland are not on the flight then meltdown will ensue.

You'd have to be a moron to meltdown if KDB isn't on the plane considering he's still a month away from being fit enough to play.

The best thing for our squad (possibly) is that we go into the season feeling like we are underdogs (after losing a few players and failing to sell others).

Eddison
Ortega
Carson

Ake
Walker ???
Akanji
Stones
Dias
Lewis
Gomez
Wilson-Esbrand
Gvadiol -tbc
Laporte ????

Rodri
Phillips
Parrone
Foden
Grealish
DeBruyne
Kovacic
McAtee
Palmer
Bernardo ???

Haaland
Alvarez
Mahrez ?????

Put it in black and white and the 4 with ? next to them you couldnsay only 2 would need direct replacements, the others we can shuffle the pack.

That squad still wins trophies and finished top 2

£15m isn’t a penny pinch though is it. It buys you an Akanji for example! Successful business’ don't stay at the top by wasting money for the sake of it or because they can.
This argument is exactly why the right people are running our club, look at Barça, they have had your attitude for years and now find they can’t buy who they’d like as they can’t register them. They are also now facing questions from UEFA, something we’d like to avoid.
£1-2m I get, £5m I’d see an argument for, but again that’s not how good business’ run and regardless of how we as fans feel, Manchester City Football Club is a business foremost.

If we did it for every player I’d agree with you, or if we paid about £50m over the odds, BUT, look at the income we generate, compared to clubs like Arsenal - and for one player Pep wanted, after such a good season, perhaps sometimes the club need to push the boat out a bit. Given the prices of even average players these days, plus our prize money this season alone, £15m isn’t a huge amount to us I wouldn’t have thought.

Eddison
Ortega
Carson

Ake
Walker ???
Akanji
Stones
Dias
Lewis
Gomez
Wilson-Esbrand
Gvadiol -tbc
Laporte ????

Rodri
Phillips
Parrone
Foden
Grealish
DeBruyne
Kovacic
McAtee
Palmer
Bernardo ???

Haaland
Alvarez
Mahrez ?????

Put it in black and white and the 4 with ? next to them you couldnsay only 2 would need direct replacements, the others we can shuffle the pack.

That squad still wins trophies and finished top 2
It's also a couple injuries away from disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.