It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Yeah 100% which is why I'm even prouder of him. Not his typical position but has adapted really well which is giving him regular game time he wouldn't have had playing CB. That obv benefited us too because we now know he can play well in two different positions.

I'm not sure if it's even worth spending a tonne of money on Gvard now as much as I rate him. They are too similar for me (pace, heading ability and intelligence at the back). Would prefer we invest big on a winger and the midfield.
Something's going on with Laporte. At first I assumed it was injuries & his game time being managed, but if rumours of him wanting out & City's interest in Gvardiol are true, I see one as a direct replacement for the other, not being brought in as a left back.

We also need skillful flying wingers & some younger legs in midfield too.

Aké has been efficient, solid & dependable as a left back, but imo he's not our LB solution. I prefer him as a CB, or playing left in a back 3.

My preference is for defensively strong, flying full backs & I sense that's why we looked at the potential of Cucurella.

I wonder if Cucurella maybe an option again this summer if the chavs need to sell?

If we don't get a winger, we need to prioritise a LB, if we don't get a LB we need to prioritise a winger. The whole point of these 2 signings is to add dynamism and decrease our predictability. Whichever player fits into the system is the one we get

I wonder if Cucurella maybe an option again this summer if the chavs need to sell?
watching his performances im not sure i want him

ake has done so a great job and is improving his attacking qualities as well....there are not many better defensive let backs than Ake and if he can keep showing the improvements in his attacking side of his game then maybe we wont bother (or maybe get a back up player if Gomez isnt seen as the answer to that)

Ake could have had a couple of assists in the last couple of games - the one where Haaaland put it over the bar and then the very early chance in the Leipzig game with the long ball where Haaland tried to poke it past the keeper....two very good chances he created especially the first one where 99/100 Haaland scores

watching his performances im not sure i want him

ake has done so a great job and is improving his attacking qualities as well....there are not many better defensive let backs than Ake and if he can keep showing the improvements in his attacking side of his game then maybe we wont bother (or maybe get a back up player if Gomez isnt seen as the answer to that)

Ake could have had a couple of assists in the last couple of games - the one where Haaaland put it over the bar and then the very early chance in the Leipzig game with the long ball where Haaland tried to poke it past the keeper....two very good chances he created especially the first one where 99/100 Haaland scores

Cucurella seems to being shoehorned into a position mate? It`s like Potter feels compelled to play him?

The way he's been slated this season, I doubt it, but to be honest I wouldn't say no for £40m. I see enough in him to know he's closer to what we need than far from what we need...

its only been a season since he was our chosen one?

its only been a season since he was our chosen one?
I don't fully understand the slating Cucurella's getting from Chav fans, but hey ho that's football for you. I suppose they'll know how he's faring better than we will...

Guardiola perfectly summed up how I see our situation in yesterday's presser...

"We build up with a perfect three that suits perfectly for the players we have," he said. "If we needed to play with full-backs wide up and down for 90 minutes like 95 per cent of teams play in that way, we cannot do it. We don't have the players to do this right now.

We don't have full-backs to go up and down every three days - oh my God. We don't have this quality so we have to adapt."

This is why we're doing what we're doing this season. It's out of necessity, not design. Pep wants flying full backs who can get up & down the pitch every three days, & we don't possess any... \0/

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/man-city-transfer-news-guardiola-26498989

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.