It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I hope this is true. Even if it means we get a year to plan his replacement, although he’s very close to being irreplaceable and I hate that word when it comes to football.
Mahrez is the one we were probably willing (reluctantly) let go this summer. Saudi's will low ball us.

Last edited:
But there are no willing buyers (or willing to pay) . PSG are done in that position and looking to replace their key player. Bayern are notoriously stingy (despite their bravado with Harry Kane) so that isn't an option. Real are after Mbappe and are well stocked up too.
I find this funny. PSG are not done in the position at all, talk to their fans. You think there are no willing buyers for Bernardo but somehow you are sure someone will pay a historic fee for Mbappe on his one year left contract? And they wouldn’t spend that money? The window still has a long way to go. Reports about the Saudi offer are not new, it’s been on his table for awhile too.

I find this funny. PSG are not done in the position at all, talk to their fans. You think there are no willing buyers for Bernardo but somehow you are sure someone will pay a historic fee for Mbappe on his one year left contract? And they wouldn’t spend that money? The window still has a long way to go. Reports about the Saudi offer are not new, it’s been on his table for awhile too.
PSG are still in a financial mess.

Catalan, ex Barca, played for DZ, speaks Croatian fluently, team mate with Gvardiol and our spaniards, plays for the Spanish national team, versatile, played AMC, FWR, FWL, MC, ML and AML last season, good with the ball, #21 in the national team, 25 yrs old, release clause...
Catalan? How is that a box ticked? Ex Barca, same (big deal). Team mate with player we are hoping to sign? So what? Spanish national team player, ok maybe I’ll give you that, but it’s a little weak. Good on the ball - maybe, I don’t know. To be honest I don’t really know the player’s ability enough to have a meaningful opinion but you have definitely not convinced me with your box ticking. Thanks for the reply and insight though, you probably are better placed to make comment.
Are 3 best players since the takeover have been replaced Kompany Dias , Yaya Kevin ( slightly different players ) Aguero Haaland , no player is irreplaceable, doesn’t matter how good they are , treble winners
Agree with the sentiment of this but we never replaced David Silva and never will. Genius, a joy and a privilege to watch. Best player ever to have worn the shirt (bold) statement I know) IMO

But Barcelona was never going to be able to afford him this window, that’s why it was always off the table unless we accepted some sort of player plus cash deal.
Bernardo has played in Ligue 1 before, he knows what he’s in for, and Paris is an appealing city. But it’s just a matter of him having wanted to go so many times that at some point it’s going to happen. With Saudi Arabia, you’d think now would be the perfect time for him to go and play two or three years to make insane money, and still come back to a major European club, maybe even his beloved Benfica. He wouldn’t be going there to retire. The more players of stature go there, the more palatable an option it becomes.
Of course we were never going to let him leave without an effort to make him stay. New contract offer apparently been on the table for some time. I suspect that if he doesn’t sign it soon, the club will get the message that if an acceptable fee comes, what will be will be
The acceptable fee has been known about for the last 2 seasons.
Mendes has not been able to find a club who will/can pay it, and until that time comes, he is going nowhere.

Heating up now then!

Gvardiol (done realistically)
Kovacic (done)
Pavard (rumoured to be the choice if walker leaves and should be simple enough to sort)
Leroy or similar world class winger
Bernardo stays

That about right?

But there are no willing buyers (or willing to pay) . PSG are done in that position and looking to replace their key player. Bayern are notoriously stingy (despite their bravado with Harry Kane) so that isn't an option. Real are after Mbappe and are well stocked up too. We aren't going to sell him to a Premier League rival.
No point me replying to Gus as I assume he’s blocked me, but I can’t see Bernie accepting PSG even if they offered the right fee, I just don’t see it, I think he wants Barca and nothing but Barca. And then as tempting as the Saudi money is, I don’t think he fancies it yet and maybe his missus doesn’t either.

Edit… I am though, unlike our Brazilian poster, quite happy to admit that I was wrong if he ends up in Paris.

Heating up now then!

Gvardiol (done realistically)
Kovacic (done)
Pavard (rumoured to be the choice if walker leaves and should be simple enough to sort)
Leroy or similar world class winger
Bernardo stays

That about right?
Are you happy with that or will you need a new supply of valium.
Tolmie is on the way to Boot's as I type.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.