It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He’s not wrong though. Gundo used to come in for a lot of criticism in the past on here. It’s only the last season or two people have realised what he brings to the team. It’s no coincidence that Gundo’s form improved dramatically with the settling in of Rodri. Gundo is some player but the base that Rodri gives for those in front is key
He's right if he means there's no need to panic. He's wrong if he means he doesn't need replacing...

Not the right thread for it but I’ll use it as it’s busy, are we releasing any behind the scenes documentary again this summer?

Not improved us currently has it?
Not currently, no. IMO we were short a CM BEFORE Gundo left. Kovacic was brought in to solve that "problem" not replace Gundo. Gundo then leaves followed by Mahrez. How can anyone say we've improved. On the flip side we're certain to make moves beginning with the addition of Gvardiol so it remains to be seen if we improve or at least maintain our standard...

Your first sentence is fluff as it make no sense re. what I wrote.

"It is conceivable that City could lose Mahrez, Gundogan and Walker — as well as Aymeric Laporte and Joao Cancelo — in this window while bringing in just two players."

At this moment in time (emphasis on this moment in time) he would be quite right.

Cancelo we all know about and barely qualifies to be included in that list, Mahrez was benched for the Bayern QF games onward and pretty much kept for the PL games run in. Laporte got a lot less than that, so we've now got Kovacic & Gvardiol in (Gvardiol is done as far as I'm concerned) and Walker so far is still here (as is Cancelo & Laporte but I'd be surprised if they're still here when the window closes).

So highlighting the sentence you did makes no sense.
You said I "read what you want to read in that purely because its Sam Lee". I answered that I dont have any strong opinions on Sam Lee, what "makes no sense" to you about that?

On there second part, I disagree. It's, in my opinion, not conceivable at all (even at this moment in time) that Txiki could ship Mahrez, Gundogan, Walker, Laporte and Cancelo and only replace them with only Kovacic and Gvardiol, I think there is no chance at all of that happening. This since Txiki is not an idiot (despite what many posters on here think), and replacing 5 senior players with 2, when you already had the smallest squad in the league, is something only an idiot would do. It could possibly be 4 replacements, maybe (just maybe) 3.. But 2? Be serious, we are not run by clowns

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.