It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It's not "the standard" (whatever that means) but an expectation from some fans. The club itself will consider it a blank starting slate for the season and we'll see where we go from there. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way, who doesn't want competition? Would you really want us to be Celtic?
Very accepting of the predicament - "A blank starting slate" - after all the investment, hard work, success and the club's own statements.
Maybe you're right and we do prefer uncertainty and a tight fight.

It's not "the standard" (whatever that means) but an expectation from some fans. The club itself will consider it a blank starting slate for the season and we'll see where we go from there. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way, who doesn't want competition? Would you really want us to be Celtic?

Our club my try to be Celtic to dominate the league but the nature of heavy competition in Premier League not only from the big six but also from the rest team in the league makes it's impossible to turn the league into farmer league.

One of the reason we able to pull this domination off for the last few years is because we have Pep Guardiola, any other manager will be difficult to pull this off and can only be satisfied at least one PL title in their lifetime.

I keep telling this to myself our domination is extraordinary because one of that reason is because our manager who keep achieving the impossible things for our club and the moment he left the club i expect massive drop off.

Last edited:
Very accepting of the predicament - "A blank starting slate" - after all the investment, hard work, success and the club's own statements.
Maybe you're right and we do prefer uncertainty and a tight fight.
You're mixing up my personal feelings with what I said about the club starting off clean again.

Anybody else feel we're going with what we've got, we'll readdress the situation in January?
Doku looks like he's coming (although so did Paquetá:( ), so as long as we retain Palmer I think we'll be fine. Then again I've never particularly leaned towards doom mongering as some do on here.

the standard being successful mate? The premier league levels will never allow such easy games like the Scottish league or say the Bundesliga and Bayern for so long due to the amount of teams that can invest in such a way? We are run and owned by hugely successful but also competitive people so they will constantky attempt to improve even though us mere mortals think it impossible?

the standard being successful mate? The premier league levels will never allow such easy games like the Scottish league or say the Bundesliga and Bayern for so long due to the amount of teams that can invest in such a way? We are run and owned by hugely successful but also competitive people so they will constantky attempt to improve even though us mere mortals think it impossible?
Then it depends on your definition of "successful", there's only 4 major trophies available each season, I'm happy if we merely compete for them.

Doku looks like he's coming (although so did Paquetá:( ), so as long as we retain Palmer I think we'll be fine. Then again I've never particularly leaned towards doom mongering as some do on here.
Not at all, I just think it will be a mighty task to start the ball rolling on another target with only two weeks left, since the Paqueta one fell through. As regards Doku, I've heard nothing about a bid being put in

This ^

Football goes in cycles that's just a fact, when we were shit and the rags were winning for fun under the pisscan no one could see the drop off that was coming.

Enjoy the titles, revel in them because one day it won't be like this.
This is very true a mark of a really great side is one that can keep winning with a completely changed side, but its like everything one day those that are chasing will pass us and we will need to rebuild while not at the top.

Not at all, I just think it will be a mighty task to start the ball rolling on another target with only two weeks left, since the Paqueta one fell through. As regards Doku, I've heard nothing about a bid being put in
Sorry, my last sentence wasn't aimed at you (or anyone in particular come to that).

Edit: I thought Doku was very advanced but maybe not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.