It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think what ever happens we need two extra players in the squad. 1 defender and 1 midfielder. The players are all so versatile say if we bought Branthwaite and Walker stayed Akanji could play RB so wouldn’t need a right back as well.

I think Nunes was a reaction buy as Paquetá fell apart and KDB was injured. Fodens development means we just need to reshuffle and buy around what we have. Pep looked like he wanted Alvarez in the middle at the beginning of the season, now it’s Foden and should stay Foden.

One thing we need however is pace.
Ah good old pace

knock phillips off that, but the rest is right
Thanks, as always, I know I keep asking but some need a reminder.
So that's still 1 on "NON HG" (I say that as Kalvin returns in the summer - that discussion is ongoing elsewhere).
Frimpong - I believe - would fall in the club bracket??
To sign 2/3 players we'll need to move others on, and that may prove to be either
1) unpopular - e.g. Bernie/Kev
2) difficult - e.g. Phillips/Gomez or Nunes

We have a difficult summer ahead based on the above

Thanks, as always, I know I keep asking but some need a reminder.
So that's still 1 on "NON HG" (I say that as Kalvin returns in the summer - that discussion is ongoing elsewhere).
Frimpong - I believe - would fall in the club bracket??
To sign 2/3 players we'll need to move others on, and that may prove to be either
1) unpopular - e.g. Bernie/Kev
2) difficult - e.g. Phillips/Gomez or Nunes

We have a difficult summer ahead based on the above
Yeah frimpong is club.

Phillips, Gomez, Bernardo and Walker will definitely go imo
I don't think it is a given Bernardo will go. There really aren't a lot of clubs in Europe (outside England) that can afford his release clause. I can't see him wanting to go to PSG.

I don't think it is a given Bernardo will go. There really aren't a lot of clubs in Europe (outside England) that can afford his release clause. I can't see him wanting to go to PSG.
At times it was like Bernardo was auditioning himself to everyone across Europe.

Barça are steadily rebuilding from a youth base, interspersed with ageing stars like Gundog & Lewandowski etc. I watched them against PSG tonight & they were very impressive in parts.

Apparently, Barça's early season problems were mainly defensive, but they seem to have sorted that department out. Affording Bernie is another matter though.

I also wouldn't discount interest from Real either. They've opted for youth, skill & pace in their recent acquisitions, but as we saw last night, they were lacking that wily guile that only a David Silva or a Luca Modric can bring.

Could Bernardo (who terrifies them), be a Modric replacement option? Modric certainly changed the complexion of the game when he came on, & it's up in the air whether he'll continue playing a managed bit part next season, or retire to Real's coaching staff.

After seeing Bernie's stadium tour video today, the thought of him leaving for anywhere other than his beloved Benfica for a career swansong, was breaking my heart.

However if they can afford him, I think the pull of an evolving Barça with Cancelo, Felíx, Gundog & Torres, plus Spain's weather, Iberian culture & proximity to Portugal might prove too much of a lure for him. Fuckin gutted...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.