It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It was reported by Nizaar Kinsella who has proven to have some sources at Chelsea in the past but also very hit and miss with his scoops. We're just discussing the idea of it though.

Depends on the player as well though mate i guess and your plans for him next season?

It was reported by Nizaar Kinsella who has proven to have some sources at Chelsea in the past but also very hit and miss with his scoops. We're just discussing the idea of it though.
If the person was very hit n' miss then I wouldn't take any notice of the rumour if it were City

Anyone else feel like we're missing a few names?

We are quite likely losing Cancelo, Bernardo, Gundogan, Phillips & LAPORTE.

And we're being linked with...Bellingham, Viega...tenuously Kovacic and Gvardiol and that's it?

If anything we need 1 or 2 more than we have now, so it should be something like 5 out, 6 or 7 in.

Last edited:

We are quite likely losing Cancelo, Bernardo, Gundogan, Phillips & Bernardo.

And we're being linked with...Bellingham, Viega...tenuously Kovacic and Gvardiol and that's it?

If anything we need 1 or 2 more than we have now, so it should be something like 5 out, 6 or 7 in.
Please don’t let Bernardo leave twice it’ll be too much ;-)

Fair enough, that is true, you did.

But would you have sold Lavia if he had been out on loan, proven himself to be a top talent in the PL, knocking on the door of the England squad (I know he's Belgian but example still works) and the entire City fanbase pushing for him to be brought into the first team?

I think we would yes,as he saw an opportunity of first team football.

However,he never had the chance to prove all of the above as he was incorrectly kept in the EDS.Only a few of us recognised the almost guaranteed potential as a result.

I guess if this kid of yours sees an opportunity at the best club in the country,where he is guaranteed silverware and stability.....he might just be swayed.

Gerard Romero has countered those claims of the meeting with Gundogan’s agent, stating that Barcelona had a meeting with Inter Milan director Piero Ausilio on Thursday and not with the Manchester City star’s representative.

Got a feeling we might be forced into selling Cancelo and Laporte within England.

Cancelo is currently a FIFA World XI footballer, no way are we selling him for less than £50m/£60m. Can anyone in Europe pay that?

Same with Laporte, can see us wanting £50m but will likely accept £40m. More likely to get that from the PL than abroad where loans and loans with options to buy seem to be the go to at the moment.

There is £100m in value with those two footballers and I know we won't want to make the Zinchenko/ Jesus mistake but it's whether we back ourselves to remain competitive and treat business as business.

We are quite likely losing Cancelo, Bernardo, Gundogan, Phillips & LAPORTE.

I don't think Phillips will leave and i would think we'd bring in a top left back too.

I'd like to see Foden move to midfield, especially now we know how good Alvarez is.

Then why not bring some of the loanees come back and continue their education?

Tommy Doyle and Callum Doyle have both been out for a couple of seasons, let's bring them back to learn and develop in how to play our way, our way of doing thing and they'll be training with top players every day. They may not get a lot of minutes but after a year we can evaluate their progress better and see if they have a future with us.

Most players coming in need about a year to settle so with the depth of squad we already have, why not save some money and give our talented youngsters a chance first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.