It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

But we don’t know if either Wirtz or Musiala are available this year or next…. The proposed PSR rules would deem both unobtainable in any event. Phil has proved this year that he can step up and we need to back him 100 per cent - hence his new contract. As we have seen previously with Pep when he knows a player is irreplaceable he will adapt hence why we get better support for Rodri to allow him to get forward more and we need to be more consistent from wide areas. If simply buying expensive players was the answer to all things… United wouldn’t finish 8th and PSG would have a UCL in their Trophy cabinet. Eze isn’t world class but he’s played at QPR and Palace - it would be a huge step up for him but Pep possibly sees something in him and thinks given time he can influence games as he wants him to. Watch Eze, he has great technique, he can beat a man and he can finish… if he comes to City the lad will get my support. Watching City this year we saw all of the 19 away teams in the league park the bus, breaking teams down is becoming more and more difficult and this probably means another overhaul and ongoing adoption of how we play, expect a few more surprises as the summer develops.
I respect what you say but last season we were running on fumes towards the end. It will be worse next season if world class talent isn’t brought in. Nunes was such a poor buy, he’s hardly played and my guess is Pep doesn’t rate him, another Phillips if you like. We did well with Kova but I thought he was going to be the guy brought on with 20mins to go. We won’t be able to compete with Real unless we buy at least one world class player in the middle. We will likely make a lot of sales this summer so the funds will be there

Olise is left-footed, not sure about Wharton. Eze is not left-footed, so seeing this, not sure how people think it's Eze.

Not sure we even need any AML/AMR/AMC players, though...

From what I saw of KDB last season I think he’s done sadly. Hes lost pace and his injuries are catching up with him. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
Have you not seen the last 10 years we’ve completely changed to squad, KDB the only player left . Without any drop off in winning trophies. Do you realise how few teams do that.
One thing the club know how to do is replace the irreplaceable, done it numerous times not usually with like for like. So you have no worries about not preparing, or you shouldn’t have.
If we needs back up for Foden that isn’t KDB this year we’ll get it.Just saying Wirtz or Musialla won’t be it.

That’s the whole point. I’m with you on this
I’m not expecting Wirtz, Musiala, Rodrygo etc. but Arsenal are closing in and Real Madrid is massively improving the squad with Mbappe, Endrick and potentially Davies/Frimpong etc.

We need a smaller refresh with a few quality players. I think Eze would only be a squad player like Nunes, Gomez, Kovacic etc, and I seriously doubt we’d be interested if he wasn’t English. Competition is getting stronger and I think we should rather spend another £30m extra for one of Leao, Kvaratskhelia, Xavi Simons etc instead of £70m for someone who would, at best, only be a marginal improvement on Jack, Doku, Bobb, Savio etc

I’m not expecting Wirtz, Musiala, Rodrygo etc. but Arsenal are closing in and Real Madrid is massively improving the squad with Mbappe, Endrick and potentially Davies/Frimpong etc.

We need a smaller refresh with a few quality players. I think Eze would only be a squad player like Nunes, Gomez, Kovacic etc, and I seriously doubt we’d be interested if he wasn’t English. Competition is getting stronger and I think we should rather spend another £30m extra for one of Leao, Kvaratskhelia, Xavi Simons etc instead of £70m for someone who would, at best, only be a marginal improvement on Jack, Doku, Bobb, Savio etc
We don’t have a big squad, I don’t want anymore squad players I want someone who will challenge for first 11. Squads spots should go to academy players. Better to save the funds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.