It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Sorry you are all wide of the mark with Ted Roger’s oops sorry Tolmie’s latest tweet.
I tapped into Tolmie’s Psyche a while back :-)

Eagles - bald eagles - synonymous with America - Pep is bald - Pep off to the MLS

Have you not seen the last 10 years we’ve completely changed to squad, KDB the only player left . Without any drop off in winning trophies. Do you realise how few teams do that.
One thing the club know how to do is replace the irreplaceable, done it numerous times not usually with like for like. So you have no worries about not preparing, or you shouldn’t have.
If we needs back up for Foden that isn’t KDB this year we’ll get it.Just saying Wirtz or Musialla won’t be it.
I’m not expecting Wirtz, Musiala, Rodrygo etc. but Arsenal are closing in and Real Madrid is massively improving the squad with Mbappe, Endrick and potentially Davies/Frimpong etc.

We need a smaller refresh with a few quality players. I think Eze would only be a squad player like Nunes, Gomez, Kovacic etc, and I seriously doubt we’d be interested if he wasn’t English. Competition is getting stronger and I think we should rather spend another £30m extra for one of Leao, Kvaratskhelia, Xavi Simons etc instead of £70m for someone who would, at best, only be a marginal improvement on Jack, Doku, Bobb, Savio etc
Arsenal could be buying Sesko and Onana, hardly world beating signings

I’m not expecting Wirtz, Musiala, Rodrygo etc. but Arsenal are closing in and Real Madrid is massively improving the squad with Mbappe, Endrick and potentially Davies/Frimpong etc.

We need a smaller refresh with a few quality players. I think Eze would only be a squad player like Nunes, Gomez, Kovacic etc, and I seriously doubt we’d be interested if he wasn’t English. Competition is getting stronger and I think we should rather spend another £30m extra for one of Leao, Kvaratskhelia, Xavi Simons etc instead of £70m for someone who would, at best, only be a marginal improvement on Jack, Doku, Bobb, Savio etc
I am glad you said at the best because as it stands, I prefer the above 4 for various reasons. Jack is just a better, more experienced player, Doku is more talented than Eze, 4 years younger, and probably already a better player, Savio is 20 years old and already played for Brazil (MOTM performance) and seems to have a very high ceiling, Oscar is from our academy, tested for us, and considered an incredible talent. I rate his ability as just slightly below the the one of Eze but he is 20 years old.

If we buy a guy who turns 26 this month for 70m quid, I expect a world-class starter, not a squad player.

This summer we need to reinforce with players that challenge the first 11 and not squad fillers. Eze and Olise are a no for me. Underwhelming. How the f*** would we stay competitive against the best in Europe. In the premier league, teams are closing in on us. Kvara, Wirtz, Musiala, Neves, Leao, VDV, Pedri, Gavi, Lamal and Xavi should be our targets.

This summer we need to reinforce with players that challenge the first 11 and not squad fillers. Eze and Olise are a no for me. Underwhelming. How the f*** would we stay competitive against the best in Europe. In the premier league, teams are closing in on us. Kvara, Wirtz, Musiala, Neves, Leao, VDV, Pedri, Gavi, Lamal and Xavi should be our targets.
Bunch of names not for sale bar Xavi & Neves. those two would be great though. Bruno/Neves is a negligible difference either is fine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.