It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Mate, no one who came on yesterday covered themselves in glory, Philips included.

We made changes to the starting line-up & then made substantial substitutions on top of that.

It disrupted our rhythm, but we can't keep rinsing the same players match after match.

12 months ago the same was being said about Grealish, but where are his haters now? \0/

Philips is one of us & he deserves our 100% support. It pains me when I see our fans attacking our players like this.

We're all supposed to be in this together. For better for worse, richer or poorer, until death do us part. If we don't support our players, then who will?
I think you've perhaps taken the post the wrong way.
I support any player who pulls on the shirt - and after 24 years of being a season ticket holder I've seen some less than perfect players :D.
I'm simply pointing out what I saw yesterday, the lad looks shot currently and his chances to prove his worth this season are very limited

Besides adding starting level players like Bellingham. Adding quality squad depth is going to be important this summer. Palmer, Gomez and maybe even Phillips need to go. Then we have players like Laporte and Cancelo who will probably leave as well. I'm concerned that we lose both Bernardo and Gundogan on top of that. Bernardo especially is going to be hard to replace.
:)

Problem is, as it stands, the one and only chance he MAY get is Shef Utd in the semi-final.
Looked totally bereft of confidence yesterday, I've said in other threads, he genuinely looks like he's got it into his head he's not gonna make it with us (a shame because there's a player there judging by some of his passes yesterday). If that is the case both parties need to move on.
Time will tell. If he is overlooked for the semi I think his fate may be sealed.

Im torn, i like him as a player and i think he fits what we need. We throw him on in fucked up lineups and systems, but he looks poor even at the basics as it stands.

I wouldnt actively pursue him going but if someone asks for 30+ sell.

In truth the same will happen with Jude if he arrives..Everyone will expect him to perform like KdB from the outset..Do not get the Phillips hate..injured,played little, clearly some weight issues, but give the guy a chance. Joining a Pep side is like working for Einstein with an a degree in physics..it all takes time and has been proven to be so, with so many players.

This transfer window will be very interesting. A few perhaps leaving, but what will be interesting is to see how the possible impact of PL sanctions affects the transfer program and the quality of player we buy. I suspect much less action than people imagine.
What PL sanctions?

I think you've perhaps taken the post the wrong way.
I support any player who pulls on the shirt - and after 24 years of being a season ticket holder I've seen some less than perfect players :D.
I'm simply pointing out what I saw yesterday, the lad looks shot currently and his chances to prove his worth this season are very limited
I should have explained my response wasn't aimed at you personally, it's just a point I've made in general about our fans believing in miracles & disregarding the process we must go through.

During his first season, many of our fans were calling Pep "The Bald Fraud", "Fraudiola" & the rest. What are they saying now?

The same could also be said about Stones, Cancelo, Rodri, Sterling, Grealish etc when they first arrived at the Etihad. They're our players & for better or worse it's incumbent on us to support them, ESPECIALLY when they're going though a difficult period.

I mean, imagine what it would do for Philips' confidence if we cheered when he came on & sang a song in his name?

He'd know we understood his difficulties & that we we had 100% faith in him & were behind him all the way. We supported City at our worst in the old 3rd division.

We should also support players when they need it most. We're City fans, not Rags or Dippers & we are increasingly forgetting this. )(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.